A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: printing contents of List or Tree UI Component

Hybrid View

printing contents of List or Tree UI Component

I have an accordion component that contains 3 list components and 2 tree components...there are all the components from the flash library of components...and I need to print the contents of these 5 "lists"

For now I'm concentrating on the lists...then I will worry about how to print the trees with all the nodes expanded...but I can't seem to figure out how to determine how many items are in a list...for the lists I am not using dataProvider so I'm kinda lost here...any ideas?

Ok, I'm an idiot...I didn't notice the List.length statement in the help files...bah...so I have the list printing figured out...but how the hell do I print the tree component? Ideally it would print the Branch Label...then all the subnodes of the branch would print under it slightly indented...and then so on and so forth for the rest of the nodes...I just do not know how to target the right nodes...cause if any branches are expanded...the Tree.length property returns a different number than if they were all collapsed...whats the best way to do this?

Quick question...say I have these lists in an external listCrap.txt file...is there a way of printing this file using PHP or something from flash without importing it to a dynamic text field? The reason I don't want to put the lists in a dynamic text field inside an MC to be printed is because some of my lists come out to be longer than a page...and whatever doesn't fit on the first page gets cut off...It would be much easier for me to format the list printouts in a txt file...and then have flash call a function to print the appropriate text file...is this at all possible?