A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: portfolio site

Lightbulb portfolio site

hi guys

Started this website about a month ago, my main goal was to finish it off by end of this month and apply for the "fwa-award", but I have been losing hope and inspirations due to the recent brake up with my gf. If I can get some positive feedback from you guys I will keep pushing myself to finish this.

http://www.iisunny.net/mainseq.htm

A few pointers from designers, coders, artists and musicians will also be deeply appreciative.

cheers

sunny

Flash portfolio (A new concept?)

hi guys

Started this website about a month ago, my main goal was to finish it off by end of last month and apply for the "fwa-award", but I have been losing hope and inspirations for this one. If I can get some positive feedback from you guys then I will keep pushing myself to finish this.

http://www.iisunny.net/mainseq.htm

A few pointers from designers, coders, artists and musicians will also be deeply appreciative.

cheers

sunny
    "By time - mankind is in loss..." - (Qur'an)

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    Visual, I am blown away by this. Nicely done. What it is light on at the moment is actual information about you. Obviously I can see that you can design in Flash, but what are your other skills? What services do you offer?

HTML Version and Contact Buttons at the bottom do not do anything for me, but that may just be beacuse you have not implemented them yet.

I would definitely finish this up.
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

hey kortex,

thanks for your thumbs up comments. Really means a lot at this stage. I consider myself a "creative problem solver" - mainly a flash designer.

My skills evolve primarily around flash, photoshop, illustrator and cinema 4D.

Not soo much on actionscript and OOP (which I suck at).

Know Basic HTML, CSS - just enough to get a job done.

I am planning on implementing those buttons you talked about soon. The HTML will link to www.iisunny.net/2008/portfolio.html

In this flash version however....i really don't know how to finish it off...

this is a beautiful piece, I don't see why you would need to change anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear about the breakup, et al... but let's go into the design first.

Your attempts into the vector-y designs is quite nice, but it suffers from pixelation from being compressed too high. It lost a bit of it's pop and clarity once you went below 60 quality for the compression.

The fact that I couldn't pause/stop/mute the music without right clicking is counterintuitive. The transitions though, top notch. The water one, looks eerily similar to some of the stuff I've seen elsewhere.

The music, while ambient, *almost* doesn't fit. Something else a bit laid back would have worked "better" imho... some of the Erotic Lounge series - Kleine Traümerei by Moca for instance came instantly into my mind. It really sounds like the ambient moments in Stargate SG-1 to me.

To be honest, you'd need to add a ton more to the site - focus on the smaller details, for instance... you could have animated that hummingbird on the far left... have it flutter from the left side over to the right, and back in a seemingly random pattern. Also, punch up that quality of your /index_bg.jpg.

Add some logic to see that it's already on a bg/platform already - it re-loads the water background if you're already on the water background and click it again.

There's a bunch of other smaller things I could say, but it's a solid start that needs some finer details added in before you go for a FWA, imho. Good work though dude. Sorry for the delay in answering... I've been swamped for the last few weeks on a project from hell.

Keep up the good work.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Merged the similar threads... raveneye, in the future do not double post. It's actually against the rules.

hmmm about that double post gerbick, there seems to be a bug for "site check" thread. I cannot see my post, hence I posted it in this thread, which appeared to be working.

BTW back in 2002 flashkit.com was a fast loading site, why is it so slow these days?

Nope. I merged the two together from the other area. No bugs, and they're three days apart with the same words.

One was in Member Sites, the other in Site Check.

Please finish it up, and as it is, it's already an eye-engaging masterpiece. I like the vectors and playful lines, as well as the bright colours against the dark background.

First 1cent pointer, I'd suggest replace the dark, moody 'Halo'-like music with something cheerful and light, to suit the overall design of your piece. As it is, I feel like I'm surfing into the deep unknown, in search of the undiscovered truth, at the same time reluctantly, but forcefully leaving behind the world that I know of. Yeah, I get that mood while hanging around the site, really. So since it's a portfolio site, I'd suggest a lighter approach.

Without dwelling too much, I'd say Gerb's has a point about having sputtering little animations of the hummingbirds' flapping and maybe the rustling of the leaves, like having it fall out of screen perhaps?

Whatever it is, I'd love to see you continue this piece and really, sorry to hear about the break up. Life goes on. Cheers.

FK Rocks..!
    Wow ... Cool!

Nicely done, Perhaps i recommend that you must use a proper loader to load all the three sections. They took hell of a time at my 1mbps net and i made me think like nothing is yet made except the first page static screen!

I was wondering how have you animated the clouds and water etc? They look more like flv video are they?
    Waqas A.M. Siddiqui (Vicky)
    Graphics Designer

The 3d stuff is cool. What did you use to make that?

But where is the content actually? I'm only able to load 3 different 3d backgrounds.

Cheers
    http://www.EyeEmotion.be/: just here to give you a nice treatment for the eye

Trick site. Thanks for sharing.

Nice site but it needs content and the menu doesn't really tell me anything. I would also say work on the grayish border around the main movie... needs to be fine tuned. The effect of moving up and down and the visuals are nice.

-NITIN ANAND-
    http://www.NANAND78.com
    :::::::::: HTTP://WWW.NANAND78.COM ::::::::::

I had to wait some time to get them whole intro loaded, so bout that your submission to FWA failed Might get a preloader (or one that works properly) cause an empty portfolio site is like, click close.

I dont know what your further plans are with this website, but with only an image you wont get an FWA award you are way far from that. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    * Freelance multi media designer http://www.andrekreft.com/
    * .Get Inspired! Magazine http://getinspiredmagazine.com/