A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How did they do that?

I've ben lurking around this Site for a few months now and I finally have time to get back into Flash
    (Can you believe they actually want you to study in graduate school!). I am, for all intent and purposes
    a beginner to Flash ( I have read the tutorials and bought 3 books I can use most tools, except actionscript, I refuse to master that untill I get everything else down).
    I'll stop rambling now and ask my question.

On http://www.rayoflight.net the background sky with the blues and blacks
    how does one go about making that? I have tried in Adobe and Paint Shop pro
    but again Im no gfx major. Can someone explain this process (phenomenon) or send me to a site. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and sorry to take up so much space.

SilvrWolf

Eat Rice!
    I created a similar background like rayoflight. You can see it at http://dreams.riceraver.com. You might hafta try it a couple times, my dns is screwed up right now.

What i did was in photoshop, use the blue hues and airbrush around. Then i airbrused the black in. Then i blurred it and repeated it a couple times until i liked it.

?
    Pretty simple to get the sky FX just set your background to black set the foreground color to a blue color just make a new image size you want with background black then go to your filters use the Difference Clouds filter and your done

Thanks!

Ghostdance,
    Thank you very much I appreciate your help

Rice, I like your intro (So much I stole it but you protected it. I was gonna see how it works, I hope you don't mind, I guess I should have asked first, sorry)

Eat Rice!
    Heh.. you liked the intro huh? Well.. There is a small chance that the .fla to that intro is going to become open to everyone here at FK. I actually already sent it in to mark fennel, the webmaster, as part of a contest. However, he said that they are really busy and it would be awhile till it gets posted.

If you want it, email him and ask him when he is going to post the fla's from the winners of the FLASHtyper competition.

it is not too difficult.
    just do as riceraver said,use airbrush and blur,with different brush size.not to look at screen,do it with radom

re: riceraver's site, may i ask how that twinkling star effect is achieved? is it a graphic of a star rendered with multi-gradient effect, then rotated, and placed in front of a radial gradient applied to a circle?

thanks in advance for any answers

~mb.

Eat Rice!
    are you talking about the lensflare I have on there? I learned how to do it from a tutorial. I think maybe from http://www.turtleshell.com . have a look.