A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: folder proxy?

folder proxy?

There is an issue with the developers toolbar where relative file paths for background images get screwed up. Since the tool is running in the browser it looks relative to the .html rather than the .css file.

I found this tool called Mirror Folder 2.0 which works pretty good for mirroring the images folder but it only works with local hard drives. I don't like 3rd party tools anyway.

What I'd prefer to do is just place a shortcut of some sort that pointed back to the real folder. Any way to do this in Win 3k?

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    Any way to do this in Win 3k?
    Where'd you get that version at?
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

HAHA. I meant 2k3! </dyslexia moment>

something like <%systemroot%>/foldername not applicable to your app?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

It has to be installed on my desktop but manage two folders on the server. Is there a serverroot token?

Not unless you've ever connected to that server in the past and have it mapped. Perhaps I'm not understanding by what you mean by "folder proxy"... that's throwing me for a serious loop.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

its probably not common as this is a hack to get the dev bar working.
    I'd prefer not to keep two copies of a folder. But I basically need a shortcut to that folder two levels up. Only, it can't be a simple shortcut, the pc should see it almost like a redirect where it doesn't know the difference.

Is this for a web server? I know that with Apache you could do this using Mod-rewrite. I think there are some add-ons for IIS that work as well.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

file server, see version above.

are you talking about firefox's webdev toolbar?
    if so, as it's opensource, you can go in the code and edit it to fit your needs and maybe hardcode the url to your site (or some fancier solution), though I don't know how difficult it'd be to find that part of the code.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    will not install silverlight.
    I've heard you can do this with silverlight.

Actually, I think only Clark can do this with silverlight.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by argonauta
    are you talking about firefox's webdev toolbar?
    if so, as it's opensource, you can go in the code and edit it to fit your needs and maybe hardcode the url to your site (or some fancier solution), though I don't know how difficult it'd be to find that part of the code.
    I was thinking that. It actually needs a find and replace holder to keep itself in line. I may mess with it later. The author knows about the issue so its odd that its not fixed by now.

EDIT: I just realized that I have no clue where to edit that source.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 06-02-2008 at 09:16 PM.

The extension file is just a zip with a different extension. You can either download it again and then unzip the files you need or I think you can drag the file out of the add-on box into a folder.
    Jason L. Wright

ok this is killing me. I'm offering free trade out to anyone who can add a toggle button to the Edit CSS UI.

After looking over the code I've found that he does not actually read the contents of the style sheets, merely applies them by setting the apply option to false and then true again right away.

I need the button to enable a find and replace of this string "../images" to "images" during that. I can kinda see why Chris hasn't gotten around to it yet.

I just installed the latest version of Firebug and the edit CSS feature in it works with relative paths. It has some other really nice features in it as well.
    Jason L. Wright

I tried to use just firebug but kept finding myself wanting to use both. I don't like changing tabs or double-clicking into edit mode so I usually have both open. Any changes made via firebug get duplicated and overwritten by CSS Edit's next refresh.