A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: a music thread. What are you listening to?

I seriously don't get his appeal. Weird voice, horrible rhymes, yet people love what he says. Odd as hell to me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I mean I guess he could mean black and white are "polar" opposites but that is really pushing it. That cd sucked.

You want some classic thought out lyrics listen to almost any nerdcore rap
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

If you're looking for decent (underground) hiphop, go find Asher Roth, Pacific Division or EMC. "Nostalgia" by Marco Polo ft. Masta Ace has been back in my rotation lately as well.

I still don't get why Lil' Wayne gets a pass... perhaps it's the drug culture around him that people like. :shrug:

Flobots, I tried to like, but they sorta seem like a one trick pony after the end of the day.

Will check them out. I liked all the stuff you listed before so I trust the choices.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by gotoAndCrash
    Yep, take what you can get!

I will (easily) admit that this certainly doesn't move me the way that Ani, or Dave, or Thom does - but you gotta admit that the video is well done.
    yeah?
    not to keep beatin ya down here, but other than a slightly nice artisctic style to the animation, the video sucked almost as much as the song. Everything that was shown was completely literal to what the horrible lyrics were conveying. What happened to real creativity? This whole video could have been made in 1985 and i wouldn't have known any difference.

never heard of flobots ....floetry are quite cool though.

started listening to junkie xl recently too... pretty good.

and mc solaar rocks.

Byrd Gang money - Jim Jones
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Just put on the classic album Fungus Amongus by Incubus from when they were good.

Coldplay - Low
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Robb will love this. The past week between all my other playlist I have been listening to Bob Dylan. He is starting to growing on me.

doItLikeThis
    Beck - Lost Cause
    -Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Robb will love this. The past week between all my other playlist I have been listening to Bob Dylan. He is starting to growing on me.
    Can't front. Parts of his catalog stay in my rotation as well. Dunno... something about thought-provoking lyrics.

However, will say his voice still kills it for me sometimes.

Listening to Yum Yum Orange and Tropical Gorilla lately - Japanese Ska bands that are honestly quite good.

Been in an odd music mood again.

Good shout wannabe, now get on the Tom Waits and the transition will be complete

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    However, will say his voice still kills it for me sometimes.
    Gerbs, try and find a song called Moonshiner, it's on the Bootleg Series I-III collection. Dylan's singing at it's finest. Although I agree it can really grate sometimes.

[edit] http://www.last.fm/music/Bob+Dylan/_/Moonshiner (listen free)
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Been listening to Rage Against the Machine for the past few weeks,
    I need to find something that will put me in a better mood.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    Gerbs, try and find a song called Moonshiner, it's on the Bootleg Series I-III collection. Dylan's singing at it's finest. Although I agree it can really grate sometimes.
    No disrespect; however nobody on this planet can sell me on his singing. Ever. As much as I love James Brown... I can't understand that dude for the most part. But you can not deny that his music will not make you move... that is, if you're a fan.

Or can hear.

Quote Originally Posted by random25
    Been listening to Rage Against the Machine for the past few weeks,
    I need to find something that will put me in a better mood.
    i heard a new album is going to be released at the end of 09. I hope it's true. If it is, they'll be touring again, and that my friends will make me the happiest man in the world.

Unless they suck.

Now listening to Bjork, thats pretty mellow.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Unless they suck.
    blasphemy sir. blasphemy.

Yeah unless they wash up like all other bands that come back together. Don't get me wrong I am hoping for the best but who knows till it comes out. I guess they have been out of the game enough to have a lot to say