A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No thread for Obama winning?

No thread for Obama winning?

Seriously. A landmark happening for the US and not one thread?

Odd.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Odd indeed - very illogical.

...sorry, couldn't help it; read the "odd" in your post in Spock's voice...

I think it's been pretty much accepted he was the nominee for a while now, no? There really isn't much difference between yesterday and today except that instead of Clinton looking desperate for staying in, she now looks a more conniving for not immediately conceeding, trying to leverage her support into a VP slot and/or have continued donations ease her campaigns debt.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I'm going to go on record, and air out an opinion that's invariably going to be misunderstood immensely... and lord I want to be proven wrong.

40 Years after the death of MLK, we have an african-american... no, we have a black person running for president.

And not one post. CNN is eerily quiet. I don't like what this has become.

McCain will win it now. I see it by the way the media, and more importantly, the people are around this (actual) historic moment are reacting.

Obama is president? I thought the elections weren't until November or something.

Oh well, lets just hope Keifer Sutherland's wife and daughter isn't held hostage, or he'll die in about 4 years.

[edit] Ah, I see now that he's just nominated to be president. It's just, I haven't heard anything but Obama and Clinton for the last few months, so I thought it was between the two of them. I'm used to political parties supporting themselves and all backing a single nominee, not fighting against each other. Then again, I'm used to picking between more than 2 parties...

[/Eurotopian view]
    Last edited by ihoss.com; 06-04-2008 at 03:13 PM.

He won the primary for nomination within his party.

Glad to see Eurotopian be picked up in slang though.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    It's been on MSNBC and Digg. I think that Obama has a chance at the presidency. Personally i've lost all interest in this election. None of the candidates really excited me.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

http://www.theobamafacts.com/

thats pretty much all i have to say about that.

"When Barack Obama is elected, Jack Bauer will finally be able to sleep."
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    I'm going to go on record, and air out an opinion that's invariably going to be misunderstood immensely... and lord I want to be proven wrong.

40 Years after the death of MLK, we have an african-american... no, we have a black person running for president.

Guess I'll have to bite at the misunderstanding...

As far as I can tell, the news seems to be as alive with the story as they have been over most of the primary news - and, as Clinton hasn't yet *officially* dropped out, he hasn't *officially* won. So we're really no different than we were Monday, where everyone but Clinton seems to know Obama is the guy, but just can't say so out loud. At this point it is all but a foregone conclusion, but until we get that concession speech, I think the media is going to hold off on the trumpets. Even then, it'll probably just launch straight into the swiftboating and slander without too much time to reflect on an historic event.

And what don't you like about what this has become? Speaking from purely a perspective of race-relations, isn't this exactly what we would like to eventually happen? A black man wins the nomination, and it isn't considered news worthy? We're obviously not at that point yet (unless, of course, you've been convinced for some time now that he was already the nominee) and a significant silence on that issue would seem to me as well, but I think the words 'historic' and 'pioneer' have been used in the coverage.
    McCain will win it now. I see it by the way the media, and more importantly, the people are around this (actual) historic moment are reacting.
    No chance in hell. I usually don't like to be so explicit in my predictions, but really, there is no way. McCain doesn't even command the loyalty of the rank-and-file repubs, is out of step with the neo-con hard core and the entire independant vote is breaking for Obama. Although you'll get no argument from me that the 'liberal' media is treating McCain with kid gloves, once you get these two side by side there's no contest.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

We didn't have a thread about a whole load of things happening. I actually remember posting a thread about not having threads about important things. The fact that it doesn't have a thread (until now) shows that it's up there with the other big stories in the world as they didn't have threads either!

PS - It's the main headline on the news in the UK. At least the BBC anyway as I havn't caught the other news channels.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I was kind of surprised that there wasn't a thread when the Universal Studios backlot caught fire on Sunday. The CL has just been slow lately.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsplace
    I was kind of surprised that there wasn't a thread when the Universal Studios backlot caught fire on Sunday.
    Ever thought because it's just not that uncommon? Because it's not.

I think because everything is on digg or another social site and whenever I(or anyone else) post a news article or something funny we just get "it was on digg" bleh bleh bleh...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Not one post here or not one post? I think you're reading too much into it.
    What would the name of the thread be? "Omg Obama won."?
    Raise your hand if you didn't know that.
    What would we talk about that we haven't already covered?
    Race. done. Sex. done. Party. done. Real Change. done.

Couple things.
    I watched the Israel brown nosing this morning and watching Hillary follow Obama's speach gave me a sense of what a combined ticket would feel like. I didn't hate it.

They also bounced back and forth to McCain speaking.
    He had the saddest of arguments by actually tring to say Obama's policies have failed. But he did have a point on experience. Had me for a second then went on about how he wants to increase the size of the army and lost me again.

Point is money is going get in the way of racism.
    I'm pretty sure most americans (even the blind ones) have an association that war = expensive gas and that it will carry through to the voting booth.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    Not one post here or not one post? I think you're reading too much into it.
    Nope. Just surprised. Nothing else.
    What would the name of the thread be? "Omg Obama won."?
    I *almost* used that one... damn.
    Raise your hand if you didn't know that.
    *reluctantly raises hand*
    What would we talk about that we haven't already covered?
    Race. done. Sex. done. Party. done. Real Change. done.
    Let's see... race? I love Schumacher. Sex... blow-ups and a forearm the size of Popeye's don't count any longer!? Party? I leave those threads to gshock now. He's the party-king.

Change? I switched to jambletan and not really missing the yellow.

Surprised... yep.

I almost (thought I did) start a thread on the topic of HRC for VP

She has concided nothing.

I'm excited that Obama won. I'm thankful he did.
    But Hillary just can't let go, and based on her actions if she doesn't get the v.p spot you know she won't get behind Obama.

The last thing Obama needs is Hillary in the veep spot. I could easliy see her and bill challenging his decisions thru out his presidency.

As for McCain vs Obama did anyone notice how the polls shifted immediately after he had secured all the delegate votes.

Obama needs nothing from HRC to win the presidency.
    I also thought it was an interesting diversion attempted by the pentagon
    http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,4675108.story

It took them how long to bring the person to trial? and of all the days to announce it. They chose to announce it when?

The battle over unifying the democratic party has just begun for Barrak Obama. There are a lot of pissed off Clintonians amongst the masses.
    He has already said a lot of nice things about Clinton to try ease the strains.
    The question is when is it enough and when is it too much. As far as I can see back over the last 5 months she and her surrogate (Bill) have gone out of thier way to spit on him.

Hopefully he can buy off there debt to shut them up and be rid of them.

Update

I stand corrected. She finally threw in the towel and is not expecting VP spot in return.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24974674/

Thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick

I always get called racist for comments like the one I am about to make, but I assure you I am not.

Color has nothing to do with it, Obama is the better candidate.

and yes, I do realize the significance in the fact that a black man has finally been put into a position like this, but Obama is not the first capable person, just the first one smart enough to get there

Quote Originally Posted by alty29

Color has nothing to do with it, Obama is the better candidate.

and yes, I do realize the significance in the fact that a black man has finally been put into a position like this, but Obama is not the first capable person, just the first one smart enough to get there
    I find the end of your comment racist. There are plenty of intelligent African Americans in politics with more then sufficient intelligence to handle the position of President.

That being said. Of the two Obama is much smarter then McCain.
    Not to mention more self disciplined, younger, and having a greater sense of loyalty to all people and the constitution.