A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Movie Thread

Either The 4th Kind or Men Who Stare At Goats. There is a theater like an hour and a half away that's playing A Serious Man but no one else is interested...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Observe and Report was far from comedy and borderline psychotic. It's a terrible movie and a bad career move for anyone in it but has this weird appeal of a horribly graphic and bloody car accident. Just fk'ing out there.

Observe and Report is a ****ed up movie. That writer/director only has his movies made because he is friends with the whole Apatow crew. That rape scene was ****ed.

I went and saw Men Who Stare At Goats. It was a pretty enjoyable movie but didn't really have any direction imo and sorta just ended. Oddly it fit the movie though because really...it wasn't building toward anything anyways.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Observe and Report is a ****ed up movie. That writer/director only has his movies made because he is friends with the whole Apatow crew. That rape scene was ****ed.
    Wannabe, That writer/director is the same person that writes and directs Eastbound and down.

If im not mistaken you recently said you really liked eastbound and down.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Yeah I am aware he is the co-writer. Doesn't change the fact that Observe and Report is a ****ed up movie and that rape isn't ok.

and again that show only got out there because he knows people. Like the producer- Will Farrell.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 11-09-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Yeah I am aware he is the co-writer. Doesn't change the fact that Observe and Report is a ****ed up movie and that rape isn't ok.
    But it does change the fact that his movies get made because hes good at what he does.

Just because you didn't like some aspects of the movie does not mean its a bad movie. Murder isn't ok, but that doesn't stop me from watching movies that include murder. I think alot of people went into that movie looking for another Paul Blart mall cop, and what they got was a seriously dark movie. You went to the movie because you thought it was going to be just like superbad but in a mall. Its not Jody hills fault you type cast him that way.

Saying he only gets work because he has friends is BS. Hes good at what he does, Eastbound and down is an excellent show, The foot fist way is a good movie, Observe and report is a good dark movie. He gets work because hes talented, The friends are just a bonus.
    Last edited by silverx2; 11-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Did I ever say I went into it thinking it was going to be like Superbad? I think not.

And yes he DOES get his movies out because his friends. He made his first movie and Will Farrell saw it and liked it. Then he got Seth Rogan into his second movie because he was the hot **** out at the time and that brought people into the theater(including me) and his show is now produced by Will Farrell. So yes it is because of the people he knows. Sure a lot of the stuff he writes is pretty decent and I do enjoy Eastbound & Down. Doesn't change the fact I didn't like Observe and Report. You know- my opinion and all.

and that rape scene seemed like it was just placed in there for shock value nothing else. I've seen plenty of movies that include that sort of content(Irreversible being the most gruesome) but those usually had something to add to the story and I felt this didn't. We got that the character was completely ****ed up without it.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 11-09-2009 at 12:44 PM.

It is your opinion. And your welcome to it. I just think its odd that you didn't like a movie because it wasn't what you thought it was going to be.

"Seth Rogan this movie is going to be hilarious!" oh that was dark, and it had a rape scene what a horrible movie, i didn't laugh at all!

Is it Jody hill's fault that you had expectations for a movie based on the cast?

the equivlent would be saying The only reason eminem sells cds is because hes friends with Dr. Dre.

Both dre, and will ferrel saw a talented individuals, And both individuals are good at what they do which is why they are successful. If some famous photographer saw your work and gave you an opportunity would it be fair for someone to say its crap and the only reason you get to do it is because you have friends in high places?

I never said I didn't like it because it wasn't what I was expecting. I just didn't like it because I didn't like it as a movie. Simple as that. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Observe and Report didn't suck because it was f*cked up. It sucked because it was horribly written, meandered from plot to plot and lacked critical structure. It wasn't bad because it wasn't funny, it was bad because it wasn't well done.

So yes it is because of the people he knows.
    I think that's the way all Hollywood works. I'm pretty sure that if you start reading on directors/producers, most of the ones starting will get to start because they are lucky to know somebody. Only a few rare ones are capable of stand out on their own.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Exactly. That's how that whole business is run. You need at least 1 break to get in. I would say that applies for almost anything.

2012 is a big ball of whoa.

is that bad?

I don't want to get in to details before many have seen but it's well worth the ticket price.

doItLikeThis
    How is this flick, titled 'Bronson' :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XzmR6Pmmgw

Its said to be a homage to 'A Clockwork Orange'. Anyone seen it?
    Last edited by adit_ya_sharma; 11-19-2009 at 12:28 AM.
    -Aditya

***** Slap looks like a fun little eye candy movie with the same feeling as the GrindHouse films.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18136

ordered a few dvds for next week off amazon(killing room, Unknown, Mutant chronicals)
    hopefully they are all awesome

Either The 4th Kind or Men Who Stare At Goats. There is a theater like an hour and a half away that's playing A Serious Man but no one else is interested...

I'd really like to see the movie "Men Who Stare At Goats". Has anyone else seen it? If so, good or no good?

I ended up seeing it. It was a decent enough movie for the ticket price. Just don't expect anything thought provoking or serious.