A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Movie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    I'm surprised how good A Perfect Getaway was. Really expected it to suck.
    I thought it sucked. I hated the nerdy guy, everyone else was excellent. I also figured out everything too soon, so all the twists were not surprising at all. It tried too hard to be a bit original, but it ended with the usual cliches.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Helps that I was working while watching it keeping the twists a surprise. I'll just point out that I'm done trying to ruin movies for myself. I just watch them to give my brain a rest.

Just watched it. Didn't think it was AWFUL. It definitely had some cheesy moments and the twist were a little obvious but not too shabby. The only thing that bugged me was that LOOOONG ass montage about who they are. Yawn.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Pandorum. wow.

World's Greatest Dad was quite interesting. Didn't know anything about it until i watched. Bobcat Golthwait is actually a pretty awesome writer/director. Definitely one that could have been more open ended at the end based on the subject matter...but pretty good otherwise.

Saw that a while ago. Definitely worth a watch. Strange how different it is then how it's advertised. Definitely not Jack
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I'm thuroughly impressed with Julia and Julia. Streep is easily one if the greatest actors of our day.

Book of Eli was a nice twist of post appocalypse but kind flat over all.

Halloween 2 was as good as the first one. Really respect Rob Zombie.

The Hurt Locker: A++
    The Road: A
    Up: A
    Law Abiding Citizen: B-
    A Serious Man: B-
    2012: C+
    Extract: C+
    Sherlock Holmes: C
    Youth In Revolt: C
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

The kingdom was on of the movies in my recent 8 for $20 buying spree, Great movie, i really enjoyed it, but it brought alot of questions for me in regards to how things work, and how they should work and if its moral to do certain things if it means killing a few to save many.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Just watched Hurt Locker and Law Abiding Citizen. I honestly couldn't see what all the hype about Hurt Locker is. Other than accurate locations and military consult, nothing really stood out.

Hurt Locker was executed well but when it was all over it wasn't something I would go out and tell everyone to see.

Been watching the Evil Dead trilogy. Already watched the first 2 and going to wait to watch Army of Darkness with a big group of friends. I forgot how classic these were. Also glad that he's back to doing horror and away from Spiderman...

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Hurt Locker was executed well but when it was all over it wasn't something I would go out and tell everyone to see.

Been watching the Evil Dead trilogy. Already watched the first 2 and going to wait to watch Army of Darkness with a big group of friends. I forgot how classic these were. Also glad that he's back to doing horror and away from Spiderman...
    hes one of the main characters on burn notice.

Well I meant Sam Raimi but yes Bruce Campbell is a badass also.

oh well yeah that makes since too since they both were doing spiderman, and bc recently has been doing my name is bruce movies.

Sam Raimi does Legend of the Seeker and worked on Sparticus. The latter being more Caligula than 300 but entertaining none the less. Both are artistically bloody.

I really hope Evil Dead IV does make it to the light. It could bring back a nice flood of over the top horror movies which are always a fun watch.

Watched Zombieland for the 3rd time... and I absolutely hate zombie movies.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Those are exactly the type of movies I hope Evil Dead IV will bring forward through the studios that they might have been too afraid to green light.

Shutter Island is amazing. I would recommend any of you to go see it.

It has a modern feel to it but definitely has a classic touch of the old suspense/thriller type movies- especially love the soundtrack. It's a type of movie that you think you know what's going on but once the end starts unraveling you are totally thrown a curve ball yet you still don't know exactly how the very end will settle. Once it settles and the ending nears you think you know everything and then the credits start to roll and you really have to think and piece it all together.

9/10

So we now have a Wii at the house. What are cool mods/hacks/games to do with it. All they have it Wii sports and some **** racer game that came with a 3rd party remote package.