A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Movie Thread

Hybrid View

Official Movie Thread

We always have random movie threads so I decided to make this the official one. This thread is for asking for suggestions on certain movies, to review them, or to just to let us know a movie we all need to see.

Not the best movie to start it with but I just finished Wrong Turn 2: Dead End. The movie was exactly what I expected; a cheese flick with lots of gore. The plot is obviously lame, the characters are half ass, but the gore was excellent. I give it is a 6.5/10 for keeping me interested till the end and delivering exactly what I expected.

If I can find them I want to check these 2 out just for having such long titles

Supposedly like KungPow but horror based.
    Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Terror

Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3

So what have you all seen lately or want to see?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Saw Cloverfield for the first time yesterday. Excellent. I think I have a short attention span because I start getting bored of films about 1 hour in to them even when they're good. Never got that feeling once. Actually didn't want it to end. Definately should have a follow up on what happens next.
    Last edited by CVO Chris; 06-04-2008 at 08:19 PM.

About to finally watch 28 weeks later.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i watched a dreadful movie called nine lives.

Paris hilton was billed as a lead character but played a pretty minor role.. She played herself but with a differnt name.

Plot was horrible, Acting was horrible, the movie was way to dark making it hard to see at times.

2/10 for p-hilt side boob.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    i watched a dreadful movie...Paris hilton...p-hilt side boob.
    There is only one movie with Paris worth watching. Plenty of side boob in that one.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

an all in one thread might be a bad idea for spoiler reasons.
    Dragon Tiger Gate kicked ass.

hmmm good point.

I just watched 28 Weeks Later last night and enjoyed it almost as much as the first one. Not as good but it held its own ground with a completely different type of story and not just a lame continuation of where the last one left off with the same characters.

I just saw the new Indiana Jones.

All in all, it was a very entertaining movie. The ending was a bit too much, and the scene that had the transformer dude flying around the jungle Tarzan style was awful, though it made me laugh. But, I had to think about the previous Indiana movies, and in reality, they were the same, just entertaining, not great movies. I liked the movie, and I hope they do a new one....without that transformers guy, he was awful. I just hope they don't make him the new hip Indiana.

Oh, and the friend I saw the movie with complained throughout the entire film about how they mixed all central and south-american cultures together (like talking about mayans in Peru). I kept telling her...hey, it's Indy, what do you expect...but she kept complaining.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by argonauta
    I just saw the new Indiana Jones.

All in all, it was a very entertaining movie. The ending was a bit too much, and the scene that had the transformer dude flying around the jungle Tarzan style was awful, though it made me laugh. But, I had to think about the previous Indiana movies, and in reality, they were the same, just entertaining, not great movies. I liked the movie, and I hope they do a new one....without that transformers guy, he was awful. I just hope they don't make him the new hip Indiana.

Oh, and the friend I saw the movie with complained throughout the entire film about how they mixed all central and south-american cultures together (like talking about mayans in Peru). I kept telling her...hey, it's Indy, what do you expect...but she kept complaining.
    *****POSSIBLE SPOILER**********

what a snoozefest...it was entertaining in the beginning then things just started happening for the hell of it, lol. then it turned into ET toward the end and felt like x-files somewhere in the middle.

they shoulda left well enough alone. i wanted to support my man spielberg though so i had to go out and see it despite any bad reviews, etc.

i heard The Happening directed by m night shaymalan and starring mark walhberg is supposed to be a must see. comes out next friday. a few people have already seen it though.
    Last edited by J-Luv; 06-05-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Trying to find a good horror again to watch tonight- just not sure what kind of horror mood I am in. Maybe I will finally get the CUBE series under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Maybe I will finally get the CUBE series under my belt.
    do it. can't believe it's taken you this long. the first one is awesome!! they get steadily worse thereafter, but still.....

Wait- did Spielberg really make Indy into a scifi? I swore if he put aliens in the movie I would write him off forever. Just like how he ruined Kubricks AI with that last 45 minutes of crap he tacked on

oops...
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

i heard the happening was horrible.

deathrace on the otherhand should be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    i heard the happening was horrible.

deathrace on the otherhand should be awesome.
    i have a gut feeling it will be....whats deathrace? it's out already?

wait- there is a deathrace remake coming out? oh god...

how about if you are going to talk about plot points or anything that could give it away you quote it and then say spoiler for the source? if a mod could put that in the first post with any other rules would be great.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-05-2008 at 04:57 PM.

nah its a remake coming out soon, so far the early reviews are positive if you like a.) cars with guns b.)people getting killed in the most awesome ways ever c.) popcorn movies.

the only complaint im seeing is that it ends kind of abruptly.

This is England and Mischief Night are two of my favourites at the moment
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Don't waste your time with Shutter. It was probably a combination of being tired and the movie but I fell asleep by the end. Same basic plot as Ringu, Ju-on, and The Eye. Yes the original Japanese movies not the american remakes. So far the only decent remake of this genre I think was The Ring and don't even both with Ring 2- bleh. Rings is interesting if you can catch that it's only about 15 minutes long but is a short made to go between 1 & 2.

3/10

i saw ju-on a couple weeks back. 100x's better than the Grudge. The Grudge was just horrible teeny bopper suspense crap. Ju-on, even though it seemed like it was shot on a VERY low budget had such a better feel to the movie. I really wish that Hollywood could get a grip that pretty films and pretty actors doesn't make a movie good. Ju-on/Grudge is a shining example.