A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Movie Thread

Was just browsing around BD looking for a new movies to watch and came across this. I forgot about this preview but this was also before Friday the 13th.

The Haunting in Connecticut
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Watched Jason X last night. Figured I should watch it to complete seeing the series. There was a few interesting kills but wow was it awful. Not even classic retro 80's awful. Just bad.

Watching Eden Lake now. I ****ing HATE kids. So this movie is actually pissing me off and kinda creepy at the same time.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I finally saw wall-e tonight. Not quite the perfection that Incredibles was but still quite good. Even if it's bad, I can watch pixar renders endlessly.

I got in trouble for pausing Wall E too much to look at their textures. ****ing perfection in each and every frame.

Just watched No Country for Old Men again... sorry, but the bad guy/villain lover in me just can't help but cheer on Javier Bardem's character. Seriously... he saw no wrong in his actions. Any of them... that conviction is where I want to be one day.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

wall-e on a 52" and on Blue-ray gives me a wood-e

Eden Park was ****ing brutal. Another notch in the belt for NEVER having kids. **** em.

I recommend it for any horror type fan or just someone looking to feel dirty after seeing a movie.

Pixar is just magic every time but this new one has me wondering what they have up their sleeves as far as technology advances and story.

wall-e had a definite apple influence. The Wall-E unit made a mac start up chime when it rebooted and the Eva unit was quite obviously a 700th generation iphone.

That's because Eva is an Ipod, sort of http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/09/tech...tune/index.htm
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

any of you FK'rs going to see watchmen next week?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    any of you FK'rs going to see watchmen next week?
    I see a lot of interweb buzz about this. Granted, I am not a comic book/graphic novel guy by any means, but I couldn't tell you the least little thing about this group of "super" heroes... I used quotes, as it's my understanding that many of them do not even have powers? I don't get this...does it mean that they just dress up and run around town looking weird? There's this guy Elliot Offen that used to jog around Manhattan in a tu-tu. Seems very reminiscent.

Regardless, with all of the hype surrounding this thing, I can't understand the support behind it. This is not to say that it won't be good or whatever...but are they expecting mainstream success here on the level of the Batman or Spiderman franchise?

Please elaborate...
    Last edited by hanratty21; 02-25-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

iv never read the graphic novel and the only information i know about the movie is what iv read from previews. but the previews have me interested. i read the EW artical this moring "will anyone watch the watchmen?" heres a snippet that makes me think it could be a movie ill really enjoy.

"All this, for a violent, ironic superhero epic that doesn't like superheroes in the first place. Directed by "300's" Zack Snyder, "Watchmen" presents a set of familiar superhero archetypes -- and then subverts them completely. Rorschach (Jackie Earl Haley) is like the Spirit ... except he's a joyless, hard-line misanthrope. The Comedian (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) is like Captain America ... but loyal only to sadistic thrills and a corrupt worldview. Nite Owl (Patrick Wilson) is part Batman, part Iron Man ... except he's also a schlubby, impotent coward. Ozymandias (Matthew Goode) is the resident genius ... who's built an empire on superhero toys. (You see what we mean by irony.)

Says Billy Crudup, whose blue, naked Dr. Manhattan is an almighty Superman dangerously detached from his own humanity: " 'Watchmen' is a kind of thrilling thought experiment. What would people who dress up in costumes to fight crime actually be like? Well, they'd probably be fetishists who lived on the fringes of society. They'd all be a bunch of freaking lunatics."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...men/index.html

interesting.

I think I mentioned this when I was attending the BFI festival but I just have to say if you're looking for a creepy mystery horror film then Hansel & Gretel might just be what you're looking for. Very creepy.

hmm, its not on netflix yet.

Yeah I am not sure how big of a movie it really will be. Might take a bit for Netflix to pick it up. Is it not on there at all or just not available yet?

I also HIGHLY recommend Johnny Mad Dog. That movie is just so intense. A lot of people compare it to the movie City of God. That movie has been on my list for so long I think it is finally time to sit down and watch it. I feel that movie is just what I am looking for. A serious intense film that is also beautifully shot.

apparently the new street fighter movie is really bad(gasp)
    "Kristin Kreuk is the only cast member who doesn't embarrass herself, but that's not saying much. She acquits herself competently enough in the fight scenes, but in a film called Street Fighter you would expect there to be a lot of kick-ass fights, right? Instead, we're subjected to tired, wire-work sequences that went out of fashion years ago; no one ever seems in any real jeopardy of being hurt in these fights, and you don't get any sense of a character's brute force or skill. There's better staged and more enjoyable brawls between Peter and the Chicken on Family Guy. The film simply limps along from one poorly staged set-piece to another, climaxing with a whimper rather than a bang. "

maybe we should have started a petition.

Didn't expect anything else. The street fighter later years on college humor are where it's at

Just watched RocknRolla. Not Richie's best but still good. Bit of a clone of lock stock as far as pacing goes.

Push was decent. Not what you expect but not all that sly in the end. I could totally see someone writing a Pushers vs. Jumpers.

Pineapple Express was hilarious. A bit goofier than the usual Seth Rogen, but if you're into the pot humor stuff, it's a classic.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 03-01-2009 at 01:05 AM.