A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: g-mail users... stupid question.

g-mail users... stupid question.

When you sign out of g-mail via the browser, do you have a slight pause where your browser just is unresponsive? It's been getting worse and worse lately and I'm sooooo close to just wiping my 3 month install to nothing because it's doing that.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

you sign out of gmail?

Do you use Firefox 3 yet? Gmail was horribly slow in FF2, and my browser would crash if I clicked through the Gmail interface too fast. But in Firefox 3 everything incredibly fast and stable. No more crashes. I think it has to do with the new JavaScript engine.

Firefox 2.0.0.14 here and I notice a slight delay when I log out... I'll try FF3 in a bit, but sorta need FF2 for testing at the moment. Perhaps I'll just grab the portableapps.com version for FF3.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I use FF2 on a mac and aye, when I'm using gmail sometimes when I open an e-mail i'll get the spinny wheel and everything becomes unclickable for a few seconds
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Think about what kinda requests are going on behind the scenes. Google is trying to dissolve the browser and you get some hicups when you do that.
    A couple times I couldnt get it to come up at all but within two clicks away from the error screen I found a faq they had saying I just needed to clear cache.

I'm leery of portable installs because I can't trust that its a true test bed. But I do need a way to get both.

another stupid question regarding google - i just created an account the other day, and everytime i send an email or respond to an email it puts that user or email address in my contact list.....so i end up with a bunch of email addresses to people i dont talk to on a regular....is there a way to shut that option off?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Doesn't look like it.

Anyone else see this link pop up today?
    http://mail.google.com/mail/help/int..._whatsnew.html

supposedly a bunch of new features being released tonight. Who uses gmail for serious email work? We have a few accounts here now that we use as backup and online "storage" as all our email goes through those accounts(incoming and outgoing)
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I've used every kind of business email solution and resisted even having a gmail account for obvious reasons. But I gotta say, the gmail dashboard is just plain superior. There's maybe a few desktopish features missing like drag and drop attachments, rearranging like iGoogle and so on but the archiving, syncing across comps, chat history, color coded labels and pretty damn reliable backup plus the fact I haven't had to install Office or an IM client on this machine is pretty sweet.