A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: TV shows

There have always been commercials on television. One hour shows have been 44 minutes long since the 70's

BSG was a helluva lot darker and more violent. BSG had clearly identifiable antagonists even if some episodes left you rooting for the bad guys. Running from your enemies/fighting your enemies is quite different then being caught on a run away train with no one in the conductors seat.

Did you seriously compare Farscape to Firefly!?
    credibility = null;

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    bones/supernatural/pysche/the mentalist/chuck

those are the only scripted shoes im interested in watching

Yeah I forgot about Chuck, thanks for the reminder. I do/did really like that show as well as the cast. I have the first two seasons on disk, but to the best of my knowledge, the show is supposed to continue some time in 2010.

Do you by chance know if this is true? It would be nice to at least see the conclusion of Chuck and Sarah before they kill yet another great show. But this was/is a good one that I have seen and do actually care about. Thanks for the reminder. I spend a fair amount of time on Hulu . com searching for anything new and interesting, or even old for that matter. It's a good place to find something of interest with extremely minimal commercial content. When I do find something I like, I will typically download it for the sake of my own sanity since there is no commercial interruption with that method.

I guess you could say I'm just a bit prejudice against commercials..... I don't mind them unless they interrupt my interest. Breaking up a good show for the sake of showing me crap, well, that is a major interruption to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Did you seriously compare Farscape to Firefly!?
    credibility = null;
    Well, yeah, kinda...

They both have a futuristic view point, their both about survival of the fittest or most clever, their both about SCI-FI, their both about somewhat of a prisoner theme or escaped convicts, their both about different planets as well as outer space and they both dealt with real life morality. But most importantly to me at least, I loved both shows! They are similar, but still very different from one another.

Which did/do you prefer?

Chucks third season start Jan 10th i believe.

t3t4, if you have not seen it look into getting angel. all 5 seasons are great. joss whedon(firefly) made it.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Farscape was just far-fetched. Nothing the least bit grounded or gritty about it. Firefly on the other hand had classic Whedon character arches set in a tasteful backdrop.

Noted!

But SCI-Fi is, well,,,SCI-FI. I do wish FireFly had continued. It was an awesome show, and still is even today. But it had body, interest, a killer cast that worked incredibly well together, and it also had wit, something to actually make one think a bit. I miss it, just as I do farscape. But as always, it's just my $0.02 worth.

silverx2 mentioned angel, perhaps I should give that a shot. I'm just so bored with the typical crap on TV that I have almost completely lost interest in the power button. If it wasn't for the internet, I might actually have to resort back to reading books.... That sucks for sure! I need a faster way to obtain the information I want verses hours of reading. Video has my vote! But not so much at the cost of a mind numb....

If you know what I mean.

Thanks for the confirmation.

t3t4, lets do a comparison of 4 shows:
    Code:
    				Firefly		Farscape	SGU	BSG
    Futuristic			X		X		 X	 X
    Survival of fittest/clever	X		X		 X	 X
    SCI-FI				X		X		 X	 X
    Outlaws				X		X		 X	 X
    Space and planets and stuff	X		X		 X	 X
    Real life morality		X		X		 X	 X
    What was your criteria for liking a show? Oh right, here we go:
    They both have a futuristic view point, their both about survival of the fittest or most clever, their both about SCI-FI, their both about somewhat of a prisoner theme or escaped convicts, their both about different planets as well as outer space and they both dealt with real life morality. But most importantly to me at least, I loved both shows! They are similar, but still very different from one another.
    It's obvious that Firefly and Farscape, based on these criteria, are a lot better than BSG and SGU!
    [/sarcasm]

By the way, I agree that Farscape and Firefly are excellent shows, but so was BSG. SGU is not very good at being gritty. The creators seem to think that a gritty show needs at least one person crying and one sex scene in each episode, and angry people yelling at each other the rest of the episode. As long as you have the yelling, there is no need to explore any deep conflict ("they're yelling at each other, that's more than enough conflict").

Quote Originally Posted by t3t4 View Post

I guess you could say I'm just a bit prejudice against commercials..... I don't mind them unless they interrupt my interest. Breaking up a good show for the sake of showing me crap, well, that is a major interruption to me lol
    Then you really don't like the shows at all. It takes money to produce a tv show. It takes money to staff the show and supply all the equipment to run a show. Commercials pay for shows. When no one watches a show thru legitimate mediums the money dries up. When the money dries up the show is cancelled. You are the reason your favorite shows are canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    Then you really don't like the shows at all. It takes money to produce a tv show. It takes money to staff the show and supply all the equipment to run a show. Commercials pay for shows. When no one watches a show thru legitimate mediums the money dries up. When the money dries up the show is cancelled. You are the reason your favorite shows are canceled.

So you like commercials do you? Good for you! If you didn't do the same thing as I do, then you wouldn't have known what I was talking about.... Now would ya? So is this the pot calling the kettle black?

I'd prefer to simply pay the producers to produce, I don't need BS and fluff in my programs. If you like commercials, then have at it, their all yours. I personally couldn't care less if I "never" see another one as long as I live. But if "I" am the reason for "FAILED" conceptions, well, then I apologize to the world for doing what the world does.

My bad, geee, sorry about that!

About to FINALLY dive into the huge backlog of Trailer Park Boys. 7 season, a couple specials, and a few movies to go...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I've never even heard of half of the shows in this thread. You guys watch a lot of TV, huh?

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I actually watch 0 actual tv. I hear about or find shows I like and watch them online. I usually watch them while doing other things as well since my tv is hook up to my laptop right next to my desk. Gotta love multitasking.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Same here.... But ,,, don't tell anyone. Ya just gotta love Hulu,, well, unless you don't of coarse. But their just one of many available.

Sorry - didn't mean simply sitting in front of the television. I consider watching shows online/DVD/live TV/DVR all to be 'watching television.' Multitask or not, I've still not even heard of half of these shows.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yeah, I understand, and I agree. But perhaps my attention span or should I say my interest in certain categories my be just a bit narrow. So, many of these shows I have not heard of either.

Yeah I haven't even heard of half of these shows either. I don't watch a lot of tv scifi as it is usually not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Yeah I haven't even heard of half of these shows either. I don't watch a lot of tv scifi as it is usually not my thing.
    Well that's just one of the neat things about forums such as this. We are all different people reading and writing with different interests and different differences. So we all find new things from different members, and we can all just kinda shoot the $h|t along the way. That's a pretty cool thing if you ask me! Almost like a block party, but without the drunken naked women... lol

Well at least someone is still optimistic on this forum. Pretty much everyone left here are old grumpy *******s