A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: TV shows

The Misfits characters are definitely played up but no worse than all comic books. Its a one dimensional show for sure but 13 total episodes is not a huge commitment.

I've been watching Rescue me, just finished season 6.
    I'm not a fan of Denis Leary, but this show's made me respect him: good acting, good story (he's one of the writers), and he's actually involved in helping firefighters.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I just met Lenny Clarke yesterday. He shook my hand. Odd meeting...

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I really couldn't stand the last couple seasons of Rescue Me. Didn't even watch this last one. Nice reality grit but was the same damn thing over and over. Ok we get it, he's an *sshole.

Kind of a void of things to watch these days. Sanctuary seems to have wrapped up but I predict a couple tv movies. Wtf happened to season 4 of Fringe!? 7 episodes and then a long ass break? Wtf FOX? Walking Dead will be back soon but probably only to quickly wrap the season. Terra Nova? Meh, took all season but it finally is starting to work. The wife is forcing me to sit through Once Upon a Time and Grimm. I have no better alternatives.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 01-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Oh no. The lady and room mate watch Once Upon a Time and Grimm and the few short bits I've seen look so awful. I am sure there are some ok parts but no way would I sit through a whole episode.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Grimm is pretty damn lame. Last ep. was about the 3 little pigs...
    Once upon a time isn't completely terrible when they actually show scenes from the fantasy world but the real life scenes are pretty 'desperate housewives'-ish.
    We just burned though all of Breaking Bad. Kinda glad I waited until I wouldn't have to wait for a new episode. One of the best conclusions in tv history.

im actually pretty close to canceling my digital cable.

The only thing i watch is football, everything else is reruns.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Netflix+hulu plus is all we have and it's awesome.

Same here. Add amazon on demand and we don't miss a thing.
    Been watching Shameless on Netflix (the original). Disliked at first now hopelessly addicted.

I've been keeping up with the american version. If the original is as good I'm in.

I can't speak for the american version. I always like to watch the original version of something first.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    I really couldn't stand the last couple seasons of Rescue Me. Didn't even watch this last one. Nice reality grit but was the same damn thing over and over. Ok we get it, he's an *sshole.

Kind of a void of things to watch these days. Sanctuary seems to have wrapped up but I predict a couple tv movies. Wtf happened to season 4 of Fringe!? 7 episodes and then a long ass break?
    yeah, I watched the last couple of seasons of Rescue me mostly while doing something else. It had great moments, but it got tiring and repetitive. However, the first few minutes of the final episodes of season 6 and 7 are amazing and heartbreaking; they were expected, but shocking either way.

Californication hasn't improved at all.
    Castle is entertaining as usual.
    House is boring, they should cancel that one.

I don't know what to think about Fringe. They basically rebooted the series, so it's like you can forget about all previous 3 seasons. Hopefully they'll "go back" to the original universes.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Yeah that would be great if they tied everything together. I haven't lost hope yet but it is getting kinda worrisome. I'm thinking they'll kill off Dunham in the current universe and then jump back to the original.

Castle and Bones are the only shows that I watch regularly. Bones is one of those few romantic shoes that makes it worth while to watch after they hook up.

The Glades and Eureka are killing me. Both are slated for summer although Syfy said Eureka would return in January. 12 episodes per year. Really REALLY

Justified really knows how to ride the rails.

Walking Dead tonight ... thought it was (arguably) the best episode of the series based on the last few minutes. Have to admit, in my 'ideal' zombie apocalypse world, I'm not sure I'd do the same ... but could see how I might get there.

Quote Originally Posted by argonauta View Post

I don't know what to think about Fringe. They basically rebooted the series, so it's like you can forget about all previous 3 seasons. Hopefully they'll "go back" to the original universes.
    Thats a JJ abrams tv show for you. That's why i could never get into fringe, never got into lost, and wont even bother watching alcatrez.

The story lines are too made up as they go with way to many plot holes, and if something isn't working its okay because "it was just a dream" "it wasn't real" "alternate dimension"

This is the same problem Heroes ended up having and comics in general have, where death doesn't matter. there is no consequences. That's what made a show like 24 more riveting to me. When someone died, they ****ing died, so when they did finally do a switcharoo *SPOILER* with [spolier]tony[/spoiler] I was shocked.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Actually I loved the Hawaii Five - 0 episode where Masi Oka and Greg Grunberg appear

Hiro Nakamura meets Matt Parkman

Dude I was rolling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqipTQlUVk

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    I just met Lenny Clarke yesterday. He shook my hand. Odd meeting...

Wow, you look just like Denis Leary.

In a side note, the Nat Geo channel is putting together some super-entertaining (in a car crash kind of way) programming.

American Weed, Doomsday Planners and Drugs (Series) are truly entertaining.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Just checked out American Weed. Interesting subject. In our life time all this nonsense will hopefully be settled.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 02-24-2012 at 01:22 AM.