A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: TV shows

^^ Shame they cancelled that. It never got a chance to be the show it was about to become.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

weeds IS great. have found it difficult to get hold of over here though (the tv series that is; the ...herb? no problem)....

flight of the conchords- my sister bought me that for christmas. i think i watched one, and just didn't really get it. ought to give it another try though.

my favourite tv series at the moment is still CSI. i ran out of the originals, so am now on CSI miami (and have NY still to watch). can't get enough of those shows, even if they are completely unrealistic. they tend to feature hot women too, which is never a bad thing.

No Carly...that's just how all of our female cops look in the US.

damn it! why did i have to be so law abiding whilst over there?!

awww.

The moms have a crush on the blonde. Ever seen Cold Case? she is a chick magnet haha.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Just seen a trailer for the Kelsey Grammer show, has it been on in the US yet? Any good?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Watched the pilot of 'Swingtown' last night. Quite laughable - it's about two 'swinger' couples in the 70's - dropping quaaludes, drinking Harvey Wallbangers and getting in on every 3-way possible. And no...not HBO, CBS. Pretty funny.

Oh, and Carly, there's a chick in the show who is a prettier version of your crush from CSI - Lana Parilla.

May I recommend Breaking Bad? The first season is only 8 episodes long, but damn, Bryan Cranston kicks ass.

Breaking Bad looks interesting. Now I almost have too many shows to catch up with
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Breaking Bad lost me a few episodes in - the story seemed to get a little stale. Another one I caught on a few cross country plane rides was Damages on FX. Well done...I hope it gets another season.

Starting Dexter. So far so good. First episode gives a lot of his background out which seemed weird.

anyone ever catch Burn Notice? I only saw the first season but actually enjoyed it- this sorta reminds me of it.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-12-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    ^^ Shame they cancelled that. It never got a chance to be the show it was about to become.

Amen. I honestly don't think a majority of the American public was smart enough to grasp it.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

It's funny - the ratings went way up after they announced that it would be cancelled...the last few episodes were great...they seemed to have enough time to 'finish' the storylines. Alas...shame. Though they had nothing to do with each other, I think 30 Rock trumped them...it's tough to have two shows about basically the same thing air at the same time.

I have watched a few episodes of 30 rock and really can't get into it. Tracey Morgan annoys me beyond belief.

Tracy Morgan's character is probably the least appropriate for the show's style. Tina Fey plays the straight man to every other uncomfortably painful to watch character. Alec Baldwin is the crown jewel.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Dexter is awesome - especially season 2
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Just finished EP8 of the first season of Dexter. It's really starting to get juicy now.

His sister bugs the **** out of me.

Please tell me she gets slaughtered. It's like she's in love with her own brother(adopted but still). She is such a weak women.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    What shall I check out next? I just finished all 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother a few days ago and now am on the lookout for a new show to watch. I think I am going to try Dexter as it seems up my alley but it is short with only 2 seasons out with only 12 episodes each.

Dexter is one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's really incredible, you have to watch it. Third season is coming soon.

Flight of Concords is pretty creative. The manager character is funny, he's kind of like a David Brent from the Office. The two main characters are pretty boring though.