A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: TV shows

I recommend catching up on the old seasons of "THE SHIELD".. absolutely LOVE this show..

and the LAST/FINAL season starts on Sept.2nd I believe...

Weeds
    was good.. until THIS season started.. and it sorts of moved away from what started it all in the beginning... originally I used to like it a lot

Yeah this season is definitely not like the first 3. Even season 3 was getting a little much but I mean where else could of it gone other then where it is now?

in real life she would have been dead by season 2...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I've never seen the show, but Mary-Louise Parker is an amazing actress. If you get a chance pick up the mini-series Angels in America. Amazing all around production.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Yeah this season is definitely not like the first 3. Even season 3 was getting a little much but I mean where else could of it gone other then where it is now?

in real life she would have been dead by season 2...

LOL.. where else could it have gone??

growing plants in your house to make money/make rent after your husband dies.. is waaaaaay different (IMHO) then smuggling illegal aliens through tunnel from Mexico to your store front...

seems like a BIG jump.. I honestly dont think they have more seasons in them

but I cant say it enough..check out THE SHIELD!

and for some oldies but goodies..

THE WIRE is one of the BEST series I have ever seen.. bar none.. season 1 was off the chart!

or the old HBO series 'OZ' as well.. another classic series.

Or how about Entourage? That is a pretty good show as well and current.. (starts up again next month I believe)

Has anyone here heard of **********?
    mmm signature

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/**********/

Canadian produced show also airing in the states, won #1 watched show of its primetime time slot. Seems pretty good/decent from the first couple of episodes; surprised by how few people have heard about it.
    Last edited by ChaseNYC; 08-08-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    mmm signature

I forgot it even existed until my step mom starting recording it but I enjoy Burn Notice. I have a lot of catching up to do as I only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of season 1 when it first started.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseNYC
    Canadian produced show...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseNYC
    ...surprised by how few people have heard about it.
    They need to put these guys in it to get more exposure...
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Starting Freaks and Geeks and on Ep4. As much as I really want to love this show a few characters really really get on my nerves. The main "mean" girl who his the girlfriend of one of the freaks makes me want to strangle someone every time she talks. I am not sure why but she makes me so pissed off.

The main geek, the girls little brother, also pisses me off. hmmmm.

Also, was anyone else's high school even remotely like that?
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-18-2008 at 12:46 AM.

i love freaks & geeks. I wish it was still on the air. Once they get into the tall goofy kid's character more, it does get much better. And they do tone down the bully chick quite a bit as well.

I can identify with many of the characters in the show, and yeah, my high school was kinda like that.

Just watched the sex education episode(6 I think) and the show is definitely starting to round out more. I have a feeling I am going to be pissed there is a end. Only 18 episodes.

Did you get into Undeclared? That was the show they made after this was canceled with a lot of the same cast? I might give that a try when I finish this.

I can't wait for the new Sarah Connor season. I think they did such a good job with the story.

Was it really good? I had low expectation for it.

Freaks and Geeks is getting way better. I am on Ep8 and the characters are really starting to come around. Too bad there is only 10 left.

Yeah I thought was some pos they pulled off the shelf just to fill the gap during the writers strike, but my sci-fi loyalty made me check it out. Despite a time travel excuse for continuing the story, it's very respectful of the franchise. And get this, Brian Austin Green is good in it, John Connor is well cast and I kinda like the new Sarah Connor better than Linda Hamilton.

I never get around to watching a whole series. There's always something that makes me miss an episode. Probably why I usually stick to shows where there's no continuity (ie: family guy).

Infact, I havn't watched any TV series since I saw all but the last episode of series 2 of 24. That p***ed me off.

Perhaps I should invest in a Sky+ box.

Ever since HR suggested I get a DVR I haven't watched normal tv.

DVR is a blessing. I hate watching tv any other way. I don't watch much but when the few shows I do watch come on it is so good to skip all those commercials.

Anyone catch last nights ep of Weeds? Nancy is getting into some deep ****.

*spoilers*
    She won't smoke weed but she'll take Ayahuasca with a mexican drug lord. Her standards are pretty out of wack.
    *spoilers*

I really have no idea where this show could possibly heading other then maybe 1 more train wreck of a season before it gets canceled.