A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fullScreen

fullScreen

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was a way to full screen a movie but within that movie have another movie clip that maintains it's actual viewing size. For example, you have the main movie clip and a child movie clip within that movie. When the user goes to toggle the full screen only the main movie clip will scale to the full screen while the child movie clip will remain its original size as if viewing it not in full screen.

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing to anyone, and if so please let me know so I can try to clear it up.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

you've been here 4 years and you don't know where to post questions like these?

off with your head!

Moved from the Coffee Lounge, where it states in its description "No technical questions... general chat" to the more appropriate Flash General Help Forum.

For this answer, you could have used the search button.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

in my footer is a link called "fullscreen' (how ingenious eh?)

there is a break down of the code and a sample .lfa that may be of some help to you.

some things to 'know/understand'

if you are SCALING certain objects, its best to have vector objects/images...

if you hav abitmap image you want to re-size you MUST use the bitmap class to attachBitmap and allow for smoothing (large to small is best, small to big.. not always so good).. (maybe look into re-sampling)

Stage.align
    Stage.onResize

and fullscreen = true are the things you will have to play with to find your solution.

Eh?

Yes, I've been here for quite awhile, but I do not check here often. The reason why this post is here is because I had to tabs opened. For those who have replied to my problem, thank you.