A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: World at War

I am pretty much SUPER disappointed with this announcement as COD 1,2,4 were amazing and developed by Infinity Ward and the awful COD3 was made by Treyarch who is making the next COD and is heading back to WWII . I guess Activision didn't learn their lesson with COD3 and this company and don't get that people are sick of WWII games and Modern Warfare was amazing and a awesome step forward. There is plenty of modern wars to base a new game on(or is it too soon?) I just hope they are letting Treyarch make this game so Infinity Ward has more time to develop COD6

June 9, 2008 - Santa Monica developer Treyarch has revealed the first details about its upcoming shooter, Call of Duty: World at War (previously known as Call of Duty 5). Having previously developed Call of Duty 3, the team is bringing the FPS franchise back to its WWII roots. Treyarch also revealed in the Official Xbox Magazine that the next Call of Duty will, for the first time, support four-player co-op over Xbox Live. IGN has contacted the game's publisher, Activision, to see if that feature will make its way over to the other platforms, but no confirmation on that yet.

Activision announced that the latest Call of Duty would feature a new military theater last May, and has remained true to its word by taking the series to the Pacific, with players fighting the Japanese. Parts of the game will also take place in Berlin as the Russians advance in on the Germans.

Though Treyarch is developing Call of Duty: World at War, the game is still utilizing Infinity Ward's engine from last year's award-winning Call of Duty 4. The World at War team, has also had an additional year of development time when compared to its first COD effort, Call of Duty 3.

Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith has stated that the next installment of Call of Duty would make its way to the DS, PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 platforms before the end of the company's 2009 fiscal year, which has typically ended on March 31.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

im right there with you, ww2 movies = great. ww2 fps = not so much.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I mean Call of Duty 1 the first time I played it was just epic. Then WWII lost all its charm for me and I lost hope in the series until I played COD4 which was just like playing COD1 all over again but modern- it was just mind blowing. This is really a step back or forward for that **** company. Infinity Ward better be making COD6 and some other game between then. They really make good games.

only 2 things I see going for this game are.

1. IW is letting them use the same engine that they made for COD4
    2. Not a lot of WWII games cover the pacific side of things so maybe a new perspective will make it worth playing through.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-10-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

its going to be kind of a let down, what with them losing the war and all.. kinda like playing wolfenstien 3d but playing as one of the nazis.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Well it is still on the winning side. Just against the Japanese etc instead of Germans and the like that all the other games do. Maybe we will see some air fights?