A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado watch for Rutland, VT

Tornado watch for Rutland, VT

This is the city I work in which is about 15-20 away from my house in Clarendon. I heard that there was supposed to be crazy storm coming but I look out the window and all I see are blue skies.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...from=whatwhere
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

in re: Blue Skies...

That's why they have Tornado Sirens all over Oklahoma, etc. You never see those things coming - they just happen. Hold onto Toto (the dog, not the band) and click your heels a few times...you'll be fine.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Supposed to be severe thunderstorms from 2-9pm. I can't wait to get home and setup my tripod...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

calm before the storm.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

my gf txt me and said that her brother is out of school already because Burlington area schools closed because of the storms.

these better be epic...

for the love of christ if it looks like it is turning yellow outside, get to the basement.

a tornado ripped through the town where im working now 10 years or so ago, you can still see the path on the mountains that it took on its way through.

still blue here...

very humid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    still blue here...

very humid as well.
    ...spoken like a true summer storm rookie.
    Tornadoes dont show themselves ahead of time...look here.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 06-10-2008 at 02:41 PM.

I know that there is going to be an epic storm coming. I am just saying nothing yet as of right now and it is almost 3 already.

I am HOPING for a big storm. Haven't had a good one in a long time. Just don't want anything touching down near my house

Just rechecked the weather.com radar and it seems to be shifting north more towards Burlington area with all the heavy severe storms and only rain down here now.

we had tornado warnings all day. It was a monsoon at about10am at work, the wife said it was sunny only 20 minutes west....on the way home I could see to the south less than 2 miles away, the clouds were jet black and storming heavily, but right overhead, the sky was clear blue.

Everything seemed to shift to the south of us (which thankfully happens A LOT)....but as i sit here and write this, the sky has just about turned black. Just battened down the hatches and turned my main computers off.

Last week the thunder was so close it was shaking my house and the plates in the kitchen. While i love a good summer storm, that was a little too close for my taste. I can't complain, anything is better than snow.

I was about to give up on these warnings but the next storm has built up and is heading our way. Should be overhead in the next hour or so. Will be powering down my computer once this download is done.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I was about to give up on these warnings but the next storm has built up and is heading our way. Should be overhead in the next hour or so. Will be powering down my computer once this pr0n download is done.
    "Fixed" © hanratty21

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

So that was underwhelming. Few bits of lighting and some decent thunder and then rain for about 10 minutes- back to clear skies.

bah. we had a killer storm last night... and I slept through it all.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

it looks like a war in the distance, constant flashes of lightning but no thunder.. straight up war of the worlds **** right now.

So right after I posted that I looked outside and there was a BLACK cloud on the way. It took over the sky and made it PITCH black outside. This was also a quick overpass but damn was it good- lots of lightning and thunder.

bleh ... we've had at least 10-15 tornado warnings over the last month. Not to mention the county just South (and others in the state) have over a foot of water in their living rooms.

Honestly I'm buckling up for at least 3-4 tornado warnings a year ... I'm assuming this isn't commonplace?

In Vermont? not at all.

In any place other than tornado alley?

no.