A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: America's Got Talent style buzzer/X light thingy

America's Got Talent style buzzer/X light thingy

So you may have seen America's Got Talent or a different version for your country. You know those buzzer things that make the three Xs light up? Well I'm trying to make a copy for a spoof. Does anybody have any ideas about how to make one? Like, how to make the noise and lights - but without it being a bit pants, like using a laptop for the noise or just turning a switch on for the lights?

x3
    Mount three of these inside a box. Cover the opposite side of the box with plexiglass that has been spray painted black except for three masked X's. Get extra tricky with some dividers.

I would say yeah just rig up some lights to some sort of buttons they can press or switches and as for the sound just add that is post?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

you could build/make everything yourself.. and Im sure there are a TON of ideas to be gotten form INSTRUCTABLES.COM as well

but a simple box (lightbox) with some card board dividers.. and some paper cut to X's in each section/divider.. turn the light on..

if you want to make box.. simple halogen or even led's can be strung up or hot glued.. and a latching type switch form radio shack.. (grab a 1/2/4/6 AA or AAA battery pack too.. whatever the lights you et need for forward voltage)

you can also get a simple buzzer from radio shack....as well a HUGE buttons/knobs that can be used to hit a switch or something in the box to light up each section.

you can also get the small speakers from a radioshack..or gut those melody playing/song playing cards..they have speakers too..

whatever you do, don't ask a radioshack associate; even if you can get one to help you.

Radio Shack sounds like the place, but we don't have one in Britain, but I'll make a mental note of that if I'm ever in the US.

Thanks for the advice guys. The bulbs thing seems to pretty easy to obtain and construct, I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    whatever you do, don't ask a radioshack associate; even if you can get one to help you.

this can NOT be stated enough..

Research, know what you need..and go.. Do NOT (ever) listen to them.. they will steer you wrong every time..

(sorta like a Harley Dealer) lol

even in the UK you have the same stuff... I frequent another board with many UK memebers and it deals with electronics, leds & switches alot)..

also..if you want.. I can ship some stuff to you if you like...

mouser.com

jencoelectronics.com/

etc..etc to see if they can ship to you.

also.. www.dealextreme.com has free shipping to anywhere.. however they are in Hong Kong and take a bit to get here...

maplins in the UK is probably what you want