A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: this... doesn't make sense to me.

this... doesn't make sense to me.

What in the hell would you do with more video card than expansion slots? I need my firewire (PCI - a total of 5 firewire slots) and my secondary USB2 (PCI -bringing my system total up to 9... so I could drop this though) and my sound card (PCI).

In that setup, I'd have to use all of the onboard systems - I tend to turn them off anyway - but that's more videocard than anything else. You couldn't fit a damn thing extra on the board. I just... don't get it any longer.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

you truly are king geek, you lost me at "expansion slots"
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

hey sexy.

GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

People who would buy that thing would probably only be doing gaming on it so no need for a ton of other gadgets other then pure fps beyond what the eye can even see.

Why do you need 300 fps in a game.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Maybe Best Buy is looking for a compact system to run an even bigger wall of monitors above their game section.

The only thing I can imagine this being useful for is a pure production machine. Would also be ideal for schools, etc.

Sound is the biggest problem I see. For USB, the motherboard has a couple of connectors onboard for connecting extra USB ports (such as on cases, etc).

Graphic: 1 x GigaByte NX8800Ultra
    768MB 2160/612MHz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
    Silver... that video used only two cards. Three cards, each over 650.00 a piece dude (original picture). Insanity.

onboard USB2 seems to tap the CPU moreso than PCI, imho. the new machine doesn't really care, but my older machine - as lean as I ran it, I could tell a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    hey sexy.
    Hey. Hows life treating you?
    Have you chosen a country settle in yet?
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Life's busy. Can't say it's good though.

Still in the US. Landed more contracts overseas, but they've been happy with keeping me in the US - cheaper that way. Still wanting to get overseas before I go nuts.

How's tricks?

all good thanks, not really here anymore as I no longer use flash, mainly doing PHP and Mysql with a ton of C++ thrown in for good measure.

Thought I'd pop in last week for a nostalgic look around the old place. Nothing much has changed!

lol.

Flex mostly here now... with .NET thrown in to make sure I lose my sanity. I'd love to be back in C++ as opposed to .NET. But honestly rather be back in graphics only.

Glad you stopped in. Now send me some of those killer watches you no longer wear