A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

It looks very well styled. Perhaps worth getting for that alone.

But, the game-play looks pretty traditional FPS stuff. I don't see the AI aspect. The zombies all seem to behave the same, standing in weird places, staring at walls and then running full speed at the player.

The playing as a group / revival system looks cool though.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

I haven't played it enough to get a full grasp of the AI thing, but I have noticed that when I stand around too long, it sends a **** storm of zombies after me as motivation to keep moving.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Cool. Maybe there's more to it than I could tell by the video. The style looks worth it alone. So, I'll probably buy it next chance I am by a store. I just hesitate because I ended up barely playing the last few shooters I bought, and those were highly celebrated games.

FL the ai director basically dictates how far you are going to go.

On one play through you might see the zombies that are just standing around, a few boss zombies(one pukes causing a horde of zombies to charge at you and only you, One can jump really far and pounce on you and rip you apart, one has a long tougn used to drag you away from your team and then choke you, the tank which is hell with arms, and then the witch which is a smaller faster version of the tank with slightly less health) But when you play through again all of the weapon spawns outside of the safe room are going to be differnt, where there was once a group of zombies there is nothing, that alley way is completely empty you keep walking, then wham out of every window in the ally way zombies are pouring out. then the next time through its just constant waves of zombies.

Last night gesteves and I were playing through the second level of the demo and we started off ok we would get to near the end then a tank would just completely rape us. then the next time the tank showed up way earlier, then the next time instead of a tank there was a witch early, then the next time trying to sneak past a witch(you can sneak past them very carefully) a tank came out of nowhere just as someone got puked on which startled the witch and ruined everything. then the next time every one was down but me, i had just killed off all teh zombies in the area and was starting to pick up gesteves and a smoker(the tougn guy) grabbed me and ended our chances.

We played half a level for a solid hour and a half and i had a ton of fun.

its just something that needs to be played

go grab the public demo

oh and the zombies climb stuff. so you might think you are safe on that ledge and the next thing you know zombies are climbing up the wall.
    Last edited by silverx2; 11-12-2008 at 10:21 AM.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Ahhh. Makes sense. I was thinking of AI as how the zombies behave in response to you. It sounds like the game has a unique engine for controlling spawning, etc. to keep it unpredictable.

I'll just buy it for xbox when it comes out next week.

Is the online play good? Haven't given it a shot yet.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

The regular zombies are as mindless as you would expect from a zombie, but I swear the zombie bosses work together to **** you up. I was just playing and a Hunter popped up for just a second, just enough for me to take a shot at him, and then he ran away back where he came from. I took the bait and stupidly went after him to finish him off. He was waiting for me. Next to a Tank.

This is probably the only game I've ever played where losing is just as much fun as winning.

because you lose in so many differnt ways. its just so random it works.

I downloaded the L4D Xbox 360 demo last night and played it for about 10 minutes. It was pretty fun, the AI was decent...i liked how the zombies played off of sound and such...the speed at which they come at you is pretty intense.

I could see this being a pretty fun multiplayer game but I worry about the single player stuff getting stale pretty quickly.

so i was watching what looked to be a recent western movie on tv the other night.. it had kevin kostner in it, him and some other dude in a shoot out with a ton of guys. and i got to thinking, why isnt there an MMO based around that time period. you would have to make it third person/over the shoulder otherwise it would just be a FPS but i think it could work.

Sounds like a similar idea I had but set in a different part of the world and different time.

Maybe if it included a bit of steampunk to keep the crafters and phat lewt doods happy.

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    so i was watching what looked to be a recent western movie on tv the other night.. it had kevin kostner in it, him and some other dude in a shoot out with a ton of guys. and i got to thinking, why isnt there an MMO based around that time period. you would have to make it third person/over the shoulder otherwise it would just be a FPS but i think it could work.
    it was called "GUN". Fun game but could have been sooo much better. It was a tad slow and a tad too much horse back riding. But it was more or less a western version of GTA. A new version could add some great multiplayer online games as well. I as well think it's an untapped genre of games.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 11-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.

thats too small. im talking thousdands of people in the same open world.

gesteves and i just spent 3 and a half hours on the first "movie" killed a total of 5162 zombies, had to restart what was it 19 times? died a crap ton. so much fun.

Red Dead Revolver was great. Even had witchcraft towards the end.

I used to have time to game... then I started learning actionscript 3.

What is everyone's Steam name? I know its in this thread but there all spread out.

i think mine is [yoink]superman , but gesteves had trouble adding me, so if you post yours ill add you.

i dont know if any of you have tried the l4d versus, but it can either be the most fun you have ever had, or make you never want to play another game again. Getting stuck with stupid ****ing teamates is the worst thing that could ever happen to you.

Last night i honestly would have rather have boiling water poured on my junk then play with the same team i was on again. but at the same time when you are playing with people that dont suck ass its tons of fun.