A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

who else has red dead redemption?

lets get a posse together online and get some gamer points. maybe do those new co-op missions.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Yeah my plan was to get a gamefly account but after playing the Skate3 demo and knowing how much I liked the first one I figured that would be a good game to own. I haven't heard anything bad about Red Dead except some glitches and that the game was a long play. So I guess those will keep me busy along with other random demos for a while and I won't need to sign up just yet.

I just don't want my free trial for xbox gold to end. I'm not sure if I want to pay for it. It's only $50 a year but still...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I let my xbl gold account lapse for a few months and it actually hurt my desire to even turn on the console. There's just something about being connected no matter what I'm doing.

One downside of gamefly is that I STILL don't have Red Dead. The availability for big titles kinda sucks, hence why I'm playing through Dante's Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Yeah my plan was to get a gamefly account but after playing the Skate3 demo and knowing how much I liked the first one I figured that would be a good game to own. I haven't heard anything bad about Red Dead except some glitches and that the game was a long play. So I guess those will keep me busy along with other random demos for a while and I won't need to sign up just yet.

I just don't want my free trial for xbox gold to end. I'm not sure if I want to pay for it. It's only $50 a year but still...
    the $50 is completely worth it when you have netflix. I rarely play games on the network, but it's nice knowing it's there. It's definitely worth the $50.

Oh, and don't forget about downloading demo games off Xbox Live. That may save you a ton of wasted time on certain games if you gamefly them.

About half done with skate 3 and still really enjoying it.

Red Dead I've put maybe 2 or 3 hrs into it tops. Haven't had much time to devote to that.

A friend let me borrow Gears of War 2 and so I'm working through that now. About an hour in.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Just finished Alan Wake for the 360. Great game, but definitely a Gamefly rental. I think I put under 8 hours into it.

I got to Mexico in Red Dead and got bored with it.

Now I have nothing to play, i sent them both back and the only thing on my que is Toy Story 3 which I just wanted for the kids.

Dang FL, I was looking through your games you've played an you sure love the lego series. I dug the Star Wars one but couldnt get into the others, and my kids would rather play Geometry Wars, Wii Fit, or Donkey Konga.

I played a little bit of the Lego star wars. Kinda hard to classify it as a game no? More like a weird cartoon that you have to hit the play button constantly in order to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia View Post
    Dang FL, I was looking through your games you've played an you sure love the lego series. I dug the Star Wars one but couldnt get into the others, and my kids would rather play Geometry Wars, Wii Fit, or Donkey Konga.
    Yeah. It's part of the regular routine for my son and I to play one Lego game or another before bed. There are surprisingly few game options of quality for his age group.

He has played Wii Fit also. I'll have to check out Geometry Wars and Donkey Konga.

Toy Story 3 is his current favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    I played a little bit of the Lego star wars. Kinda hard to classify it as a game no? More like a weird cartoon that you have to hit the play button constantly in order to watch.
    A little. There are bosses, puzzles to solve, characters, levels, weapons, etc. to save up for and unlock.

The Lego games after Star Wars and Batman (Indiana Jones, Harry Potter) have much improved physics engines also.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Finally got an HDMI cable for my xbox. A lot bigger difference then I thought it would be.

^ ^ ^
    Bigger difference as in what? What were you using before? In most cases, going from composite to HDMI really doesn't improve anything at all (especially over short distances.) The one positive I've always found is that since everything is over one cable (sound + video) it's a much cleaner look, but I've never personally seen a quality difference.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Isn't composite limited to SD/480i? If so I'd think there'd be a huge difference if you're going to HD/720p+, no? Or do you mean component cable?

Yeah I was using the supplied composite cable before(not component). The picture just looks cleaner and the colors much more rich and saturated with the HDMI cable.

im so close to 100% in rdr, pretty excited

Great, by the time I get the fk'ing game no one will want to play it. Not that any of you are up at my gaming hour (7:30 am on weekends)

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Great, by the time I get the fk'ing game no one will want to play it. Not that any of you are up at my gaming hour (7:30 am on weekends)
    if you get it and manage to find some later in the day hours to play i'm always down

I've still only put in like 2 hrs max. It hasn't grabbed my attention fully yet. I'm a really ADD gamer though. RPG's aren't my thing usually.

Quote Originally Posted by clicky2 View Post
    Isn't composite limited to SD/480i? If so I'd think there'd be a huge difference if you're going to HD/720p+, no? Or do you mean component cable?
    Yes - it was early. I meant component. If wannabe went from one yellow RCA plug to an HDMI it should have been like going from Lucille Ball to Avatar. I was talking component vs. HDMI. In that case, I've never noticed a visual difference.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

and that is what I was doing: Yellow,Red, White to HDMI heaven.

Take it to the audiophile thread non-gamer.

So uhhh, who plans to buy Starcraft? Seeing as its supposedly in stores now.
    mmm signature