A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

What do all you Bizzard nerds think?

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/24...d-wotlk-specu/

I am definitely rooting for Diablo 3 and have it be just like the old school games. Have a single player and a closed battle.net online play. If they turn the Diablo series into anything like World of Warcraft I will be pissed because I will never play it and I highly doubt that because that will only compete with themselves. I really hope it isn't some bust teaser and it just ends up being for Starcraft 2.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

starcraft 2 is so far in development it would be pointless to do a teaser for it.

As is Wrath or the lich king.

Its gotta be Diablo 3.. or the lost vikings.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I am crossing my fingers for some good news this weekend. Better late then never but too bad if they announce it this weekend it will come out sometime in the next 5 years...maybe.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I would kill for Diablo 3.

But like you said Wannabe, they better keep it simple and use the same formula as part 2...similar to what they're doing with Starcraft 2.

I hope they keep it just like Diablo II just up the res a lot. I really don't like War Craft III all that much because it went 3D. I have faith though. So if it is announced predictions on release? I say Fall 2009 or Spring 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I hope they keep it just like Diablo II just up the res a lot. I really don't like War Craft III all that much because it went 3D. I have faith though. So if it is announced predictions on release? I say Fall 2009 or Spring 2010.
    I hated Warcraft III so much because of the addition of Heroes. It changed the whole dynamic of the game. It's a race to see who could run around with their hero and build them up faster.

The one bad thing about a Diablo III is that the entire D2 team is pretty much gone now.

I can't wait for Starcraft II. Let's see it's been freaking 9 years for the sequel...and I just saw this today:

Starcraft T-shirts

wow. I'm not that big of a nerd to get one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia

The one bad thing about a Diablo III is that the entire D2 team is pretty much gone now.
    But at the same time without blizzard backing they aren't as good as they seem. From what I read they were the company that put out that awful london whatever game(will look it up when i get home)

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    I would kill for Diablo 3.
    Maybe this can hold off your zerg. http://www.mythos.com/

i have been playing the dreamlords game i posted on the first page.

Some of the most ridiculous BS going. i mean its almost fun, but its clearly not had the payment options planned out at all. free to play, but if you dont pay your only going to be half as good over the long run.

This Black Mesa mod is starting to irritate me. I know these people are working for free on their own time but it has been years since they announced it!

I want my upgraded Half Life 1 experience!

Far Cry 2 anyone?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53316

Can't wait to get home and watch this.

based on the latest image its def the WoW expansion:

check out the eyes in that image vs whats on the blizzard splash, nearly the same.

pretty big let down imo

Someone said an inside source confirmed Diablo 3. I think it is a good time to announce it so it will be released a year or so after starcraft 2 finally comes out and everyone is getting bored of that(well to the point to want a new game). I think this whole thing is a setup to make us think that it will only be a big announcement for the expansion and then come out of left field and drop D3.

I hope...

Having a big family BBQ all day and night tomorrow so hopefully I will wake up Sunday to some good news.

I would be so pissed if it was a Lost Vikings sequel.

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Th...yes-in-the-sky

Also since this is the official game thread I figured I would start it here and maybe branch off if needed- but who is pumped for E3? It has been down hill for years but some of the games announced I am just excited to see footage of. HL2: EP3 anyone?
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-27-2008 at 02:04 PM.

i wonder if evp is able to get passes for the show...

He should live broadcast to FK.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Far Cry 2 anyone?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53316

Can't wait to get home and watch this.
    Just watched it. Is it me or did that just look like the same 'ol sh*t... AGAIN?
    Seriously, during the dev meetings where the techs were jerking each other off over the engine, did no one raise their hand and ask, "So, with all this engine, we're just doing another FPS?"

They are once again selling an engine and not game. 9 playable characters == 9 forearm skins to do the same damn sh*t with. Wth is with this tech-demo love? It's like praising someone for never going to jail. You're not supposed to go to jail and you're supposed to have great fluid graphics. How about a fk'ing game for once?

This is why some classics will always be better. They had to be.

Yeah as much as I love FPS games Crysis was an upgrade to Far Cry and this just looks like a minimal upgrade to that. If there is so many movie remakes why not start remaking some old classics? I would love to see some old games EXACTLY how they used to be thrown into these new engines with high res textures. That is why I want Black Mesa to be finished SO bad. Half Life 1 was the best FPS I have ever played.

sf2 HD is coming.

a new mega man game is coming for the wii(yes 2d side scrolling)

bionic commando has one comeing as well