A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    And this comes from a person that put it aside until I have time to give it proper attention.
    same here. i've made it through about 50% of the game, but the later missions take a while to get through (mainly because i suck and it takes me 10 times to complete one mission). The game is still a blast, and i haven't even done most of the fun stuff yet.

When I get a 360 of my own I guess I will have to give it another go.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

NHL 09 is amazing. haven't owned an NHL game since 94 on genesis. this is just a blast. Cna't wait to renew my Live membership and start playing online.

Oh man I used to love whatever NHL it was I had for genesis, that game was so much fun except my friend would always beat me....
    mmm signature

I've actually just recently had time to get back to completing one player mode. It's every bit as cool as it was when I started and it didn't take long for all the of story unveiled up to that point to come back to me. Possibly one of the greatest games ever.

^ what game?

I just remembered one of my room mates I am moving in with has a 360. jackpot.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Spore has been a disappointment.

It's basically a very average if not poor rendition of a few game genres in one with avatar customization. Instead of the way you build the character making fundamental differences to gameplay, it basically just alters statistics, like how strong your bite is.

Not worth the money.

Civilization: Colonization is actually good in a lot of ways for fans of civ. But, it also appears to have been rushed out of development and has severe bugs. For instance, workers get locked out of being automated whenever you're at war. Basically rendering the game un-manageable the moment you have a war with another player. If they fix these things in a patch it will be a good sequel though for it's simplification and improvement of trade, gaining citizens, etc.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    ^ what game?
    GTA4

I'm enjoying Spore. My gf loves to coach and help pick out parts so it's something we can play together. I think the blend of genre adds to the depth although I'm only at the tribal stage so I've yet to see if it really falls short as it gets deeper.

I played GTAIV for about 8 hours and got bored. I really disliked how realistic it got. I hated the stupid phone calls and dates because it takes about 20 minutes to go pick someone up, play a horrible game of bowling/darts/pool and then drive them back.

Unfortunately, the completionist in me doesnt like to ignore the phone calls.

On a side note, I just finished Star Wars the Force Unleashed and I have to say that I actually miss playing it now. It's nothing special, but the story was great, the gameplay was fun and addictive and it was just the right length.

Will probably pick up Fallout 3 tomorrow. I hope they didn't ruin the series.

Just picked up Gear of War 2 here, from a local retailer who has already started selling it (illegally?), and it's just awesome!

*SPOILER*
    Why did they bring back carmine, just to kill him off again? It annoyed me they didn't develop him much, so much about his brother that could have been discussed. Worst of all he said he has over brothers, better not be there in Gears 3.
    *END SPOILER*

I wonder if there will be a GoW3? Haven't completed the story yet.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

In case anybody is wondering...Fallout 3 is amazing. If I didnt have a wife and kids, that game would totally consume me.

left4dead demo hits tomorrow for anyone that preordered from steam and gamestop. very exciting times.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

ahhh only 1 more month till I can game again. Let me know how the demo runs when you get it. Is it only for preorders?

preorders 6th-17th
    non preorders can play the demo starting the 11th

the amount i want to play this game is intense

Sounds like me waiting for HL2

GOW2 tonight

lets throw a Gamertag list together for some dinning in hell in the AM!

- WeeWii

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    In case anybody is wondering...Fallout 3 is amazing. If I didnt have a wife and kids, that game would totally consume me.
    I second that. Best game I've played in years, actually.

the demo was to short (2 of the 5 maps of one of the campaigns) but it was so good soo worth it.

so i took a shot of nyquil yesterday soon as i got home then i loaded up the Left4dead demo. holy ****. zombies everywhere after beating the demo a couple of times i passed out and had dreams about zombies. the demo is way to short. the first time through it took maybe a half hour. This morning before work i did a speed run and finished in under ten minutes.