A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

* Explore a fully-realized Sanctuary--the living, breathing gothic fantasy world of Diablo III rendered in gorgeous 3D.
    * Battle the unholy forces of the Burning Hells with all-new character classes like the otherworldly Witch Doctor, or with re-imagined warriors from Diablo's past: such as the fierce Barbarian.
    * Rain Hell on your enemies wielding the interactive environment as a weapon: lay cunning traps, turn destructible objects against your foes, and use environmental obstacles to your advantage--all powered by the Havoc physics system.
    * Experience the intensity of multiplayer Diablo III over an all-new, wickedly-enhanced Battle.net platform with numerous enhancements to make connecting with your friends easier--and cooperative gameplay more fun.
    yes.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i finally got to Trackmania tonight. i expected to play for about 15 minutes and be done with it, but an hour later, there i was still playing...it even disrupted my drinking time. Now THAT's what makes a good game

I have yet to go back. Maybe tomorrow...but I have a feeling Diablo 2: LOD may be being installed
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I have yet to go back. Maybe tomorrow...but I have a feeling Diablo 2: LOD may be being installed
    I've reinstalled that so many times. It's never the same as back in the glory days...but the trading and economy on battle net always gets me back into it.

There is nothing like killing Mephisto in Hell and seeing all the unique items drop. It's like gambling...or crack.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I still have an original copy of Tekken 3 laying around. Great game but I can't believe you think there was more button mashing than Eddie Gordo or Law. They're kinda poster children for button mashing. Hell even Dane Cook did a bit about it.

oh and GRID =
    I hate Dane Cook. I don't use Law or Eddie Gordo/Christine/Tiger. I don't even use the cheaper people... I hate them.

I tend to use Kazuya or if I'm in beatdown mood, Paul Phoenix or Heihachi.

so far... Pure is starting to get my attention though...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Likes Pankakes
    Hey I have a question you might be able to answer here. I'm selling my Quake 4 and Hitman Blood Money games to some guy and I don't really know how much to charge for both. Ebay took the auction down (I didn't know I wasen't allowed to put Mature rated games on there...at least not here in germany). Any ideas on how much I could charge? I was thinking about 20 euros for both together.

And dammit I want Diablo II...I pretty much nerdgasmed when I was the gameplay trailer

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    I've reinstalled that so many times. It's never the same as back in the glory days...but the trading and economy on battle net always gets me back into it.

There is nothing like killing Mephisto in Hell and seeing all the unique items drop. It's like gambling...or crack.

i think iv got a copy of it around here somewhere.. could get an FK speed run going
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

A friend and myself installed LOD at the beginning of the last school year for nostalgia sake and he got WAY more into it then me but it was still fun for a while. I am thinking of going WAY old school on this **** and install Diablo 1 and the Hellfire expansion and having a go with that

Go Rogue!

Anyone else thinking of getting on this band wagon big and fast and making money off this? I remember when I first got bored of my D2 character and sold of some weapons just to see and made like $300. I am thinking make a fun personal character and then a mule account to sell crap on.

i dont under stand how the selling of stuff works but if you are going to be on ill help you kill **** from time to time.

Well it used to be sold on ebay but now for stuff like WOW I have seen craiglist type sites pop up since it is against ebay rules to sell gaming stuff now from what I see.

Usually it is sold and then you meet on a password protected room and make the exchange. The only thing I don't get is who actually pays for stuff that doesn't really exist. But I'll take any suckers money willing to hand it out

I made a living for a couple of months selling D2 items. It was the best job ever.

Maphack + Hell Mephisto Runs all day/night = $

Those were the days.

I think i'll give Diablo 1 a run as well, I think i've only gone through it once.

make sure to pick up the expansion as well. It adds some awesome new spells and other fun stuff. Ring of fire and lightning walls were clutch.

i love that you can just take your same character and run through the game again already pretty high up in experience. I think I played my rogue like 5-6 times through. It was so fun just flying through any enemy that came in your way.

Wait- what did the maphack do? It worked on battle.net? I got bored of the games SO fast hacking and stuff it just made it so lame. It was fun though to get a character editor and make a character that had all the best spells from all the classes and they all dealt like 1,000,000,000 damage

oh **** I bet some people were pissed! I remember seeing people on the top of the hardcore ladder with like 3000m experience points. I hope in D3 they figure out a new ranking system. Everyone could get to 99.
    Quote Originally Posted by battle.net
    The Diablo II ladder has been reset, wiping the slate clean and beginning the rush to be the first to level 99! In addition to the reset we've also released Diablo II patch 1.12a, which removes the requirement to have your Diablo II CD in the drive while playing. To download the patch either connect to Battle.net or visit our Patch Download page, and be sure to read the Patch Notes for further instructions.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-30-2008 at 10:19 AM.

A lot of the hacks didnt trickle over to Battle.net. If they had, the game would have been ruined.

Maphack did however, it just revealed the entire layout of the map instead of blackening it out like normal. So when you do Mephisto runs, you could fly through the randomly generated dungeons way quicker to get to him.

A good 6 months after maphack was released they started banning cd-keys of people using it.

The resetting of the ladder season is also crucial to the economy. After a few months of a ladder season, the economy starts to dry up because all of the elite players have everything they need...and the trading starts to slow down.

Once the ladder is reset, all characters and items are now basically thrown out and everybody starts fresh.

Battle.net was/is great but I cant wait to see what they have in store for it when D3 comes out.

Battle.net 2.0 is being made from the ground up.

I just killed like almost 3 hours reading random forum threads about diablo 3. I think I am just going to try and forget about it though since it would be out for probable 2 years. This is like waiting for Half life 2 all over again.

Also reading those threads really let me know that I think I have too much of a life to get too hardcore into D3. I will play it all the way through by myself on battle.net and definitely get my moneys worth but some of those people are nuts. There is still people who play LOD hours a day. I mean it was an awesome game but really there was only so much you could do.

This guy makes a good point. D3 is a little too cartoony and WOW looking. He made some mods to the screens of what he thinks they should look like and I agree totally. He should be hired by Blizzard to do some graphic work

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7807/itshouldrh5.jpg
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-30-2008 at 01:41 PM.

give me colors over browns and grays anyday. im so sick of browns and greys

Diablo should not be rainbow!

it doesnt have to be a rainbow, but when i think of a witch doctor i think of vibrant colors. currently its not a rainbow, no need to have some guy change the curves in photoshop and make it grey/brown.

The detail of the textures is more as well- more grudge and dirty looking. I don't want it to be all clean and smooth looking. I hate how WOW looks.

Numa Numa guy making fake D3 videos now?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VOqnrhaeXIA
    hearing him talk makes me want to kill everything within 100 feet of me. He is claiming that the make a wish foundation hooked him up and blizzard let him design a whole town in the game...wow. He must be smoking something.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.

then play it wearing sunglasses, you will get the same effect as what that guy did

Those screens are a lot different then just being darker. Pain in the ass