A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

^ ^ ^
    Nice find. Wrong thread perhaps...but bookmarked.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

yeah was supposed to go into the movie thread.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

worms 2: Armageddon on Xbox arcade. Hours of goofy fun. Loved this series since the original playstation, and it only gets funner.

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

Interesting so far. However, feels like a watered down version of a few existing games (Assassins Creed + Ghost Recon). Playable though. Will follow up once I get further into it.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Banned

irafl.com for all the latest stuff.

Want the latest stuff? I'm a dirty little spammer.

I don't move in to my new place until Friday so I've been surviving off of my DSi XL. Been playing through Chrono Trigger again and LOVING it. Man what a classic. I have the newest Golden Sun waiting for me when I beat it. I played it on the plane over here and it is very nicely done. It's like playing FF7 again for the first time.

Heavy Rain

I was skeptical about this game. Even after the first few times I played it I was disappointed. But, now, after getting used to the idea and almost being through the entire thing, I give it two thumbs up. The effects and attention to detail are impressive and the story is actually entertaining, moving even. Think Mass Effect 2 but without the shooter segments and a little more substance.

Still playing through Golden Sun when I get time. Truly epic. Quite the master work of hand held RPG's.

Still play skate on the regular and when I have time with some friends we play Call of Duty.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Civilization Revolution on XBox.

Not bad. Has some of the addictive qualities of the series. But, lacks the large-scale gritty strategy aspect of the PC versions.

Also, it doesn't have any kind of progressively difficult campaign angle as expected on console titles. You just pick a difficulty and play which feels incomplete.

Sending back to Gamefly after winning one game of it. Hoping to get LA Noire next...

Dragon Age II

B-

The story/writing is impressive just for the sheer size and cohesiveness of it. But, the environment artwork is really second-rate and the general gameplay feels dated/unoriginal.

I was super excited for DAII after falling in love with DA:O. Even pre-ordered it. I've put it in twice so far and haven't had an urge to play it. I don't hate it, nor do I have anything positive to say about it as i haven't played enough of it, but it definitely didn't grab my attention like the first one did.

Finally beat Golden Sun. Took 38 hours. Now I need another great handheld to play. DS, Android, or ipad. Suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly View Post
    I was super excited for DAII after falling in love with DA:O. Even pre-ordered it. I've put it in twice so far and haven't had an urge to play it. I don't hate it, nor do I have anything positive to say about it as i haven't played enough of it, but it definitely didn't grab my attention like the first one did.
    It has flaws. But, imo, the way the story-line and options all come together for the last half of the game is impressive.

So who's getting Duke Nukem?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Now that Duke Nukem is out I am officially voting for Black Mesa to be the new vaporware game.

Nukem only has a 5.7 rating on Gamefly with 1300+ rankings. Oh well. Shooters make my eyes gloss over if they don't offer something unique within the first 30 seconds of gameplay.

Sending the oldish Wolverine game back after one play. Just seemed like button smashing with the tired upgrade-attack-moves-as-you-go system.

When are they going to send me La Noire....?

nukem would be more of a nastalgic play then anything else. its been passed by, by modern shooters.

for the computer gamers out thier, Gamersfirst recently brought APB which was a P2P mmo back as a free to play mmo, and i have been loving it. Its kind of like a mmo GTA cops vs robbers game. Lots of fun.

Also they just bought fallen earth, which is like a fallout mmo. soon to be re-release free to play.

I haven't played a game with a keyboard and mouse in so long. I barely even get to play games on my xbox...it has been taken over as a netflix/hulu player