A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: driving-range/target golf type game

driving-range/target golf type game

hello!

haven't posted for a good while, hope everyone is fine and dandy!

http://www.everybodys-golf.com/

simple driving-range golf type game meant to give a taster of the ps3 game 'everybodys golf'

please let me know if you find any major bugs

cheers!

Student
    the parallax effect is very cool

nice work

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    I sucked at it, I never find multi-stage aiming very intuitive.

The graphics are the nuts though, as are the overall production values.

Edit - Hey Jim, hows tricks?

wow that's awesome. is that bg a pre-rendered camera pan or is it a skewed graphic?
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    I don't think it's pre-rendered, just some very careful layering of textures. It really is hard to tell though....

I have found one bug though - the trees aren't depth sorted correctly, there's only two that overlap so it hardly notices.

A lens flare ? That's just showing off

Yet another technically stunning, well executed, brand whoring game mate. Great presentation and totally on brand, just as these things should be.

I love the way you can do a game and always put in something that makes me wonder how the hell you did it. Most adver-games fall back on tried and trusted methods due to the budget / time scale, yet you always seem to pull something quite mental out of the bag.

Wow, it sounds like I want to sleep with you just a little too much, enough from me now

Squize.

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Only thing that really stood out was the text, when you hit the target. The rainbow colors were a bit over the top and somehow made it look "cheap". Also, as lesli pointed out, the controls were less than intuitive. Overall it was really nice presented though
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

thanks for the comments guys!

Edit - Hey Jim, hows tricks?
    fine, busy I guess. Cat's just had dental surgery and car is getting a window fixed. The exciting lifestyle of a freelancer eh. Where have you been working recently - haven't seen you around?

wow that's awesome. is that bg a pre-rendered camera pan or is it a skewed graphic?
    thanks! it's a combination of rotating a skewed graphic for the tee area, skewing image and localToGlobal trees for the middleground then parallax for the background. It's a cheap illusion but fools the eye enough to give the depth effect I was after.

I want to sleep with you just a little too much
    hey big boy, you still at morpheme? Sorry I haven't seen much of your work for a while, been drifting away from flashkit too much recently!

The rainbow colors were a bit over the top and somehow made it look "cheap". Also, as lesli pointed out, the controls were less than intuitive.
    fair enough, the rainbow effect was copied from the game - unfortunately couldn't use the nice font because of multi-language issues

the controls and instructions are lifted straight from the proper game, I wonder if something got lost in translation from the original japanese - I found them unnecessarily wordy and confusing too considering you only have to use one button... It's dead simple really!

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Uuuuh, instructions...as always mr. PhreaX was too much in a hurry to go through them *LOL* No, the "pre-game" tutorial left me a bit confused. When I say less than intuitive it just means it took me a couple of tries, plus I should put in my signature, that I only take time out to criticize, when it's a game with heart and effort I could imagine the rainbow colors being better with another font!

Squize: You're such a GameMaker Groupie!
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

super

thats all I can say really.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Wow impressive illusion. I looked again and again, and it's really hard to notice the trick.
    The only bug I saw is after failing all my shots except one, instead of telling me "You're a damn looser!" the game tells me "Congratulations!"