A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Card Games

Card Games

No, not poker. Nor blackjack. Pfft.

So me and my pals gather weekly for board/card games. We're looking for new, good games. Any reccomendations based on experience (4-7 players)?

Our playlist at the moment:
    1) Citadels
    2) Illyad
    3) Bang!
    4) Drakon
    5) 3 Dragons Ante

my personal favorite... tonk. gin rummy sped way the heck up. good for two people only though... but I've seen four people attempt it. But the fact that you're putting down two sets of 3, that's half the deck between four people.

something I picked up living in the southeast US.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Choi Dai Di is good for 4 players; surprisingly deep strategy wise when you get used to it.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Not exactly a card game, but a really fun board game my buddy's have gotten me into is Settlers of Catan.

Tons of strategy and need to start planning your route of advancement before you even place a single playing piece.

Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    my personal favorite... tonk. gin rummy sped way the heck up. good for two people only though... but I've seen four people attempt it. But the fact that you're putting down two sets of 3, that's half the deck between four people.

something I picked up living in the southeast US.
    Tonk is great. We actually played with 4 most of the time and seemed to work fine ... but might be more fun, from a pure enjoyment of the game standpoint, if you played with less. We typically just played $1/hand, and it could add up (or subtract) quickly with that many playing.

Euchre. Personal fav.

or if you have beer on hand, Left Right Center (LRC) is the best game ever created next to Presidents and A-holes.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L0g1k
    Not exactly a card game, but a really fun board game my buddy's have gotten me into is Settlers of Catan.

Tons of strategy and need to start planning your route of advancement before you even place a single playing piece.

Highly recommended.
    Agreed
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I've actually looked up at Settlers of Catan and deemed it as the best suggestion thus far (sorry, Tonks and Choi Dai Di, despite being a personal favourite of mine, don't quite make the cut for being a strategic late night game.)

I'm not going into the complex world of Magic: The Gathering and its likes, but we need a challenging game where luck equates to 5-10% of the winning chance and the rest is determined by your skills.

By chance, does anyone know anyone who markets card games?