A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cloud Amimation Help

Cloud Amimation Help

This may be a somewhat ambitious concept. But I have been racking my brains for a few days trying to think of a solution to pull off this creative idea of mine. Basically what i want to do is set up a splash page with a simple circular cloud animation around the logo. Here is an image to better explain what i am trying to accomplish:

The problem I am having, is not being able to figure out how to implement this. Basically i want just some grey clouds on top of the background (transparent) that will circulate around the logo in a smooth animation. I want it to have a serious realistic look.

Any ideas on how i could pull this off? Is flash my best medium for such an effect?
    Any ideas would be great. Of course I don't want anybody to do it for me, but a finger in the right direction would certainly help.

thanks.

if yu want it to be realistic, you shoud do in video, using after effects and premiere. If u do in flash, teh best i can figure is to get some really nice pictures of clouds, cut it and put an alpha random that changes all time, and move them around the logo. Try to put a nice cloudy sky as background picture.
    Also u can play with random movementes y duplicate clips to getsome funny fx of smoke. But i'll try in video first

I currently have Sony Vegas. As far as using video for a solution, would Vegas do the job? or will I need to get premiere/after effects?

Senior Moment
    You could do a search for smoke... or check out this (not free) tutorial on cartoonsmart: http://www.cartoonsmart.com/smoke_and_clouds.html
    Victory belongs to "The Murray"!