dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DSLR for Travelling

Ok, so to put the final nail in this b*tch, I ordered the 400d body from Dell. ($540 new). That was the best price I could find, for places that had it in stock (in black) and that weren't a sketchy warehouse in Brooklyn with a bad BBB rating.

I called a local camera shop looking for the 18-55mm IS lens used, and they said to keep checking, as they're starting to get XTi's in more regularly now that the XSi is out, and the XS is soon to be released. Probably could've gotten a used one if I was willing to wait it out awhile, but there are no guarantee's, so screw it.

Briefly considered the XS, which is meant to replace the 400d, but the live preview in the LCD, and Digic III processor weren't enough to keep me guessing about release date and price.

With the IS lens, the whole kit and caboodle will run about $710 before tax, not so bad. Unless the XS drops next week with the IS lens for the exact same price (which I doubt), I'm happy with it.

Now to just get to practicing.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    actually going out and shooting in real world is obviously the best but this little application is awesome to quickly play with settings.

http://www.photonhead.com/simcam/
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Plenty of subjects here to get familiar with the kit with, but thanks, that's a really neat and useful site.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.