A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sumopaint.com - Flex based Photoshop

Sumopaint.com - Flex based Photoshop

Hi, we just launched a new web image editing / painting software and it would be really nice to get some comments from you. There are multilayer saving and some really strange painting tools, all feedback is highly apprcciated.

As much as I'd like to scream "SPAM", this is a really slick tool. I was surprised by the speed...a lot of flex based apps are slowwwww.

It is spam, but this one should seriously be moved to cool sites or something. Suh-weet.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

That is actually a really slick application. It worked VERY fast in FF3. Just keep adding more features and I can really see that picking up a lot of followers(and buyers)

About as feature rich as the online version of Photoshop
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Sorry for posting this here and disturbing your coffee break but I thought that here I can find people who might really be interested of it. Yep, it was a bit spam but we have been doing it quite a while and just wanted to get some comments from other flash/flex developers. Anyway, thanks for your feedback, we also think there are some features havent seen before, like multilayer open/save with filters and some crazy tools like caleidoscope and gravitation brush..

lol, at least you're honest.

I'll move this for you to Cool Sites. As a Flex Dev, I'm honestly inspired by this... swear I had run into this via a Google Search last weekend.

Can't wait to see how the Flash 10 pixel based effects factor into future iterations though. I'll comment in a bit more detail in a bit. Knee deep in a stupid situation in Flex right now.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I have played around with Sumopaint and I got to applaud you all for it! Excellent! Will we see levels soon?

-_-
    Damn.... thats slick. The symmetry tool was pretty cool. Only problem is the brushes. I didn't play around with it at length, but it seemed you couldn't add different brushes, or use transparent PNGs as brushes. (I use brushes more than any other tool in Photoshop. ) Other than that, thats a pretty cool little application there.

Hey, does anyone know how to make the backgrounds of images transparent in sumopaint? i'm trying to figure out how to do this with a number of different backgrounds, both solid and more elaborate, and i can't...The sumopaint help index doesn't mention making transparent backgrounds...i've been trying to figure this out forever...
    anyone know? thanks,..

Nice job the sumopaint site how do I know there is spam problem in sumopaint site
    Last edited by jwgalarza; 05-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.