dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help creating descriptions for xml photogallery and flash

Need help creating descriptions for xml photogallery and flash

Hello I have a flash xml photo gallery that was previously made. I love everything about it but i would like to be able to have descriptions of the pictures once they are clicked. I know this isn't very hard i am just not very familiar with xml or flash. I know in xml i can just add something like <desc>THIS IS MY DESCRIPTION</desc> in the already created xml however I am not sure how to create the container or whatever so it will display in flash.

The site that I am working on is
    http://www.wpc-consulting.com/~stxmi...=photo_gallery

The gallery works great like i said i am just interested in getting some descriptions.

xml looks like this

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <images>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_1.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_1.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_2.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_2.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_3.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_3.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_4.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_4.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_5.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_5.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_6.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_6.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_7.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_7.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_8.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_8.png</big_url>
    	<desc>View of Seattle</desc>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_9.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_9.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_10.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_10.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_11.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_11.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_12.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_12.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_13.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_14.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_14.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_14.png</big_url>
      </image>
      <image>
          <url>pics/img_15.png</url>
    	  <big_url>big_pics/img_15.png</big_url>
      </image>
    </images>

I have the .fla if anyone needs it to help fix the problem.

I know nothing.
    Ok - Good stuff. This may give you a better response. So if I understant you correctly, you would like "text" to go along with your image - via XML - correct?

If so, you'll need to know where on your images/area first. Creat a container clip named "description".

XML would change to:

PHP Code:
    <image>
          <
    url>pics/img_1.png</url>
          <
    big_url>big_pics/img_1.png</big_url>
                   <
    description>This is an image of a goat.</description>
      </

I don't know if i have the right version to edit it with because when i export the movie file from my flash cs3 it wont show any images or anything. At first i thought i just messed something up so i undid what i changed then exported it in the folder with all the xml and everything and still the same thing. I am not sure what to do.

You can download the .fla file from here

http://www.wpc-consulting.com/~stxmi...o_tutorial.fla

please let me know how i can do this.

I know nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by welchyboy
    http://www.wpc-consulting.com/~stxmi...o_tutorial.fla

please let me know how i can do this.
    Sorry for the late reply. Just got back in town.

Can you send me your xml? Would also be useful to know where you think you need the description?

Lemme know...

Hello thanks for the reply and the help. I am interested in having a short desccription maybe at the bottom or the top. I was also thinking of having something that says click image to go back. I have already had issues with this. Users clicking the back button of the browser which in turn takes them to the home page instead of the main thumbnail images of the gallery. Any thoughts on this as well. I am sending my xml along with this post. Thanks again for the help

Code:

<Gallery>
    	<Foto>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto1_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto1_big.jpg" desc="Foto1"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto2_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto2_big.jpg" desc="Foto2"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto3_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto3_big.jpg" desc="Foto3"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto4_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto4_big.jpg" desc="Foto4"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto5_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto5_big.jpg" desc="Foto5"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto6_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto6_big.jpg" desc="Foto6"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto7_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto7_big.jpg" desc="Foto7"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto8_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto8_big.jpg" desc="Foto8"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto9_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto9_big.jpg" desc="Foto9"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto10_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto10_big.jpg" desc="Foto10"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto11_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto11_big.jpg" desc="Foto11"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto12_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto12_big.jpg" desc="Foto12"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto13_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto13_big.jpg" desc="Foto13"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto14_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto14_big.jpg" desc="Foto14"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto15_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto15_big.jpg" desc="Foto15"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto16_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto16_big.jpg" desc="Foto16"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto17_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto17_big.jpg" desc="Foto17"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto18_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto18_big.jpg" desc="Foto18"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto19_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto19_big.jpg" desc="Foto19"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto20_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto20_big.jpg" desc="Foto20"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto21_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto21_big.jpg" desc="Foto21"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto22_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto22_big.jpg" desc="Foto22"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto23_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto23_big.jpg" desc="Foto23"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto24_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto24_big.jpg" desc="Foto24"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto25_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto25_big.jpg" desc="Foto25"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto26_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto26_big.jpg" desc="Foto26"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto27_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto27_big.jpg" desc="Foto27"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto28_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto28_big.jpg" desc="Foto28"/>

<photo urlimage="foto/foto1_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto1_big.jpg" desc="Foto1"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto2_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto2_big.jpg" desc="Foto2"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto3_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto3_big.jpg" desc="Foto3"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto4_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto4_big.jpg" desc="Foto4"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto5_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto5_big.jpg" desc="Foto5"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto6_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto6_big.jpg" desc="Foto6"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto7_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto7_big.jpg" desc="Foto7"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto8_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto8_big.jpg" desc="Foto8"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto9_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto9_big.jpg" desc="Foto9"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto10_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto10_big.jpg" desc="Foto10"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto11_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto11_big.jpg" desc="Foto11"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto12_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto12_big.jpg" desc="Foto12"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto13_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto13_big.jpg" desc="Foto13"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto14_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto14_big.jpg" desc="Foto14"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto15_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto15_big.jpg" desc="Foto15"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto16_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto16_big.jpg" desc="Foto16"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto17_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto17_big.jpg" desc="Foto17"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto18_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto18_big.jpg" desc="Foto18"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto19_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto19_big.jpg" desc="Foto19"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto20_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto20_big.jpg" desc="Foto20"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto21_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto21_big.jpg" desc="Foto21"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto22_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto22_big.jpg" desc="Foto22"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto23_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto23_big.jpg" desc="Foto23"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto24_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto24_big.jpg" desc="Foto24"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto25_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto25_big.jpg" desc="Foto25"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto26_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto26_big.jpg" desc="Foto26"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto27_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto27_big.jpg" desc="Foto27"/>
    		<photo urlimage="foto/foto28_small.jpg" urlimagegrande="foto/foto28_big.jpg" desc="Foto28"/>
    	</Foto>
    </Gallery>

I know nothing.
    Ok - I tried the files you posted on here and got 11 or so errors?? Could you possible send me the images as well? Or path them to an online source?

I could test this better. All we need to do is add a container to this....