A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] sony ericsson predictive texting- help?!

resolved [RESOLVED] sony ericsson predictive texting- help?!

for some reason the predictive texting on my phone seems to have been disabled. no idea why/how this happened.

the phone is a sony ericsson K550.

i've tried pressing and/or holding down the * and the # keys (it does give me the option to change language or switch to '123 mode'). have tried looking at the settings sub-menu in the messages menu. i can't see anything under the main setting menu which might have anything to do with it.

i've also tried googling, but not found anything helpful (most of the results are just listing the features of the damn phone).

anyone have any ideas? it's driving me ever so slightly crazy.

While writing a message:
    Holding down * on my phone switches T9 on and off. A small icon appears and disappears near the top of the screen.

Clicking on More and choose Dictionary (T9). Set it to yes. Also choose Word Suggestions from the More menu, and set it to Display as List. From the More menu, make sure the Writing Language is set to English.

I have a W810i, so it might be a bit different. If that didn't work, or if that is what you have already tried, then I don't know.

ok, now i feel stupid.

the language wasn't actually set to english it was 'standard abc'. when i switched it to english the holding down * worked (that's what i had tried already, but not whilst the language was english!).

thanks ihoss

how do you mark a thread as resolved? can't see the option any more.....
    Last edited by carly1979; 06-19-2008 at 05:53 AM.