A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Make photos look better in FF

Make photos look better in FF

If the digital photo you just uploaded looks washed out on Flickr compared to in your desktop image editor, that's because Firefox 3's advanced color profile support isn't turned on. To enable it, type about:config in Firefox 3's address bar, then click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button. Then, in the Filter field, type gfx.color_management.enabled and set that value to true (its default value is false). Restart Firefox. From there on in, your photo colors will be richer than they were. Why isn't this value true by default? Well, according to Mozilla, you'll see a 10-15% performance hit using this setting, but if you've got a reasonably fast machine, it'll be worth the better-looking photos. Hit the link below for an extended explanation of Firefox's color profile support.
    Not sure if I want to try this or not- you think?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Why can't they just make the photos appear they way they are suppose to? Nothing's ever simple, is it?

Because then you'd see that the browser is still as clunky and resource hungry as its predecessor. I guess there does have to be some give and take when you're getting features with names like "AwesomeBar."

I still haven't even turned it on to see if there was a difference. I would take the performance hit for photos if it was worth it. Maybe tomorrow I will play around with it.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna