dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scorm

scorm

Does anybody have any experience with something called moodle?

Ive been asked to export an education cd rom i did a while back in scorm format for use on moodle.

The cd rom has one container exe and about 30 swfs + video loading into it.

Im not sure what level of scorm i need to follow to get it to work in this moodle ap... I dont fancy going back into it.

Anyone have experience with this?

thanks in advance
    thanks

---------------------------

i have basic rules, i eat meat, drink wine and dont take students

-kvn

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Moodle is fantastic as far as GNU applications go. We've got several installations running for several clients and it works great. We've got all of our e-learning courses (previously created for CD or other, proprietary LMS) ported over and running perfectly on Moodle. Doesn't have all the features/functions we would like, but does what we need it to, and we can customize it as necessary.

You will have to use a swf instead of an exe since it will be web-served, and you'll have to add in tracking/reporting tags if they want to be able to track or score the course within Moodle.

You will want to use SCORM 1.2 and you can find out about uploading the course using the SCORM/AICC module at http://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM

Hope that helps!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

thanks
    thanks

---------------------------

i have basic rules, i eat meat, drink wine and dont take students

-kvn

Are there any really good tutorials for writing scorm compliant flash modules? I have a course that is a flash shell that calls seperate swfs for each lesson. I would like to know if there's a way to make the lms navigation interface that runs off the imsmanifest.xml and sco.xml files tell the shell.swf to call the various lesson swfs. This has been the bane of my existence.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Sounds like you're trying to use two different methods here.

What I generally do (depending on the needs of the course), is either set up the LMS menu with one SCO (one flash file) which loads other, individual flash files, and I track the completions using an extra LMS field (like suspend_data, etc.) and then parse those out in flash.

Or, I set up each fla as a separate SCO in the LMS and let the LMS menu drive the course, track completions, etc.

Hope that helps!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.