A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The Loading Bar Ruines all

The Loading Bar Ruines all

Hi. I have this issue:

A programmer made a loading bar for me. Is an escene with three frames. If the second scene hasnt loaded, the movie goes back to frame 1. Once it has loaded completly, it goes to frame number 3 and that frame says: go to Scene 2, frame 1. Ok?

Now... Ive always used it, but now it does not work. I have a movie with two scenes (called 'Scene 2' and 'Scene 3'). In the second scene there's a button (enter) that goes to the second one. It works like this:

1. There's a single button... rollOver> the button shakes (is a MC).
    2. That button inside of that MC makes it shake by sending the time line (inside the MC) to the frame 2 into a loop (final frame sends to frame 2 and so on).
    3.From that frame 2 and then, there's a new button in that place (with onRelease now) that sends the movie outside (tell target ../) and go to the frame 2... (of the scene).
    4. In the frame 2 (the scene... "outside") the frame has an action: go to Scene 3, frame 1 and play, right?

And all that worked just fine.... until I inserted the "Loading Scene", called Scene 1. Then, it stop working.

The button does shake, yes. But when I press it, it does not send me to the third Scene.

I hope someone has understood and can help me out. Thanks. Or maybe some other way to do it.
    Last edited by muerdeme; 07-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Make sure to use frame labels instead of frame numbers when using scenes. Frame 1 of your original first scene is now frame 4 (with loader added) as far as flash is concerned.