A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: custom scroll button problem

Question custom scroll button problem

I've just done the following tut http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tut...in-Flash/27745 in Flash 8 and it worked fine as far as making the text scroll up and down...but the problem I've got is that whenever I scroll all the way to the top or bottom of the scrollLimit line, it does not releases the mouse so if I keep moving the mouse around it scrolls....I have to go back to the scroller and click it to make it stop.
    Last edited by digicam; 07-08-2008 at 05:36 AM.

do you need to use a custom scroller, or could you use the scrollbar component? just asking
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

I must admit that I'm still learning Flash and I still don't understand how components work and how to customize them...I realize that I might be using the hardest way to achieve the same result but the tut was easy to follow and I kind of understood the way the AS behaved....Thanks for sugesting components but I think I'm not comfortable enough to venture down that route.

ok. there is an easy way to create a scrollbar for text. i could throw together an example, if you like.
    Last edited by EQFlash; 07-08-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

if that's alright with you... it will be fantastic

EQFlash...don't worry I sorted it out...I had a typo error in one of the functions...[embarrased]

Thanks anyway