A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading images from an external folder/Preloaders and testing help

Loading images from an external folder/Preloaders and testing help

Hi,

Just a quick question, haven't looked at Flash for a few years now and am trying to finish off a website for my business that I started but never finished.

I have always had the problem with loading in external images dynamically and getting them to work with a preloader. Now I think my problem is that I never upload the swf to the internet to test and from what I know to test dynamic anything in Flash it must be uploaded to the net?

Now my question is this, as I haven't had anything to do with Flash and its progession for quite some time, has this changed, ie. do I still have to upload my files onto the net to test, or does the new Flash 8.0 let you test it without having to put it on the net (if so I will get Flash 8.0)...

... or is there any software that will test my Flash file without having to put it up on the net everytime.

I am loading images in dynamically into an external SWF, I am using a preloader and a mask for each image.

Also if I do have to load it up onto the net each time I make a change, what is the best procedure. I have to delete my temp net files each time I do the test don't I?

Any advise would be appreciated.

WB

yup you can test preloaders of loading dynamic content
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Hi EvolveDesigns,

How do you test preloaders of dynamic content?

Please elaborate.

WB

ctrl+enter to preview, on the preview window click view>bandwidth profiler then click view>download settings and set the connection speed to whatever suits you then click ctrl+enter again to do a live preview.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection