A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash quiz passing score

Flash quiz passing score

Hi. I work for a large corporation, and I've created some assessments that talk to a Learning Management System. I have used the quiz template that comes with Flash.

The file consists of some learning interactions and other components that already existed in the template that I have no idea how they work. Flash passes along the user's score to the LMS perfectly well.

However, my question is -- how do I tell Flash what is considered a "Passing" score? I know this is done in Toolbook, Outliner, and Captivate by defining some property or parameter in the file itself (i.e. it has nothing to do with the LMS). I have looked at the "Quiz Options" parameters, but there is nothing there about a passing score.

I tried to attach the file but it's more than 300kb. If you have CS3 (and maybe before) you can view the quiz template.

Can someone please help? Thank you so much!!

Please? Help?

I can't find anywhere in any of the Flash Help documents that mention a passing score. I'm beginning to think this isn't possible.

Has Returned
    Post me the code that you have used to pass the code so far.

I am assuming that flash is passing loads of variables and you want to Only pass a score? is that what you mean?

Turbs.

I didn't write the code. It is the Quiz Template that comes with Flash and all the code is written in it already. I would assume there would be some sort of parameter to set in the Component Inspector (the way that it allows you to do everything else), but there just isn't one.

If you open a Quiz file from the Flash Templates tab, you can see exactly the same file I'm working with. I want to be able to define the PASSING score, not just report the score. It already reports the score.

I really don't think Flash has this feature available, though I find it a little ridiculous since other e-learning tools do. But thank you for trying to help anyway!

Has Returned
    I'm still not sure what you want to do, What is this "Learning Management System" that you talk about. How is it meant to receive this score? The flash quiz simply has a text box which is showing the value of "QuizTrack.percent_format".

Unless you know how this "LMS" accepts data you won't be able to send this score to it. And even this it will require a little bit of coding.