A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Allowing the Use of the Back Button on a Flash Website

Allowing the Use of the Back Button on a Flash Website

All flash websites I have been on, all play in one movie page, but is it possible to enable somehow the use of the back button.

My website www.lovethevoid.com is ok to navigate, but Id like to allow users to go back and forward between the different pages..

Is this possible?

High Priest of Harmful Matter darklung's Avatar
    Nice site by the way ....Not sure what your asking ...it almost sounds like you would like to have your .swf to control the browser back and forward buttons . For example : I am on your site , click on shoots now looking at all the thumbnails , I go up the the back arrow for my IE and it should control just the swf and take me to the previous frame ....Is that what you are hoping for?

Quote Originally Posted by darklung
    Nice site by the way ....Not sure what your asking ...it almost sounds like you would like to have your .swf to control the browser back and forward buttons . For example : I am on your site , click on shoots now looking at all the thumbnails , I go up the the back arrow for my IE and it should control just the swf and take me to the previous frame ....Is that what you are hoping for?
    Yeah thats exactly what I'd like.. to be able to navigate using the back and forward button at the top of the browser

High Priest of Harmful Matter darklung's Avatar
    To be honest , I don't know how that would be possible with all the different browsers people use ..It might be by a serverside scipting combo ...Beyond me . I did have a client that wanted the use of the back and forward so I just built the background and frame work in as part of HTML page 1,2,3 . When it changes pages the only thing that actually changes is the content window . I don't like doing that but what ever they want ....