A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to Change DPI in flash?

How to Change DPI in flash?

Hi there,

I am currently using Flash CS3 and like using the tool to design images and logo's but i need to produce them in at least 300 DPI - is it possible to alter the image DPI resolution to acheive higher quality images?

thanks

- George

High Priest of Harmful Matter darklung's Avatar
    When you export the image .....you can change the DPI . File , export , image and change your DPI there . Why 300 ... First buisness cards and other images only need a 200 DPI for most of the industrial printers . If you like design in Flash I am assuming that you like it because its vector , check out Illustrator ...Photoshop is a little more user friendly but not the Vector app that Illustrator is ....

Quote Originally Posted by darklung
    When you export the image .....you can change the DPI . File , export , image and change your DPI there . Why 300 ... First buisness cards and other images only need a 200 DPI for most of the industrial printers . If you like design in Flash I am assuming that you like it because its vector , check out Illustrator ...Photoshop is a little more user friendly but not the Vector app that Illustrator is ....
    Hi yes I have been told this by someone else however i can see no DPI option at all only a JPEG quality setting? (would prefrer at least PNG if possible)

here is my path:

File>Export>Export Image>setting file name> then i get a menu where i can set the quality of the jpg but nothing for DPI?

300 DPI is what i have been told is a good quality for the printer. we had a our old logo done at 300 and the difference when printed was noticeable.

Look right above the quality and you will see Resolution 72 dpi Match Screen

Also if you are woried about quality , I would export as .png that way you keep the alpha channels ...

edit:

lol i was selecting the wrong file type thansk very much for your help

thanks,

You have to go to File , EXPORT , choose image //NOT MOVIE// and you should be good ...let me know if you get it ..