A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squize for mod

resolved Squize for mod

I haven't put this to Squize yet...

I'm seeing a few rogue threads and since we rarley see Ed Mack here and tomsamson recently departed, there is only one active moderator on this forum. I figure that Squize definatly seems the logical choice as the guy to step into the shoes of the departed and perhaps join along side tonypa in his moderater position.

@Squize... If you hate the idea of this then shout up.

@Everyone else... If Squize is happy then maybe this thread can get noticed by showing your support! With a nice rallying post.

RipX

Student
    do we need a xtra mod?,- I assume that as soon as tonyPa needs help he will nominate someone automaticly.
    Besides with decent amount of regulars here this place gets moderated together fine as well.

Besides, if someone acts up then all the members here lynch them anyway, mod or not.
    But yes, I've always thought Ray-Beez and Squize would be the next mods.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Gosh thanks. I'm flattered to be mentioned. (Must be an indication I'm "an old guy". BAhahahah)

Well...I figure that there must be a need for a moderator after seeing a few stray threads here and there. I know it's not alot but since tomsamson left maybe it's time to make up the numbers? Seems a big forum for one guy to manage alone...the poor guy might need a holiday some day!

RipX

Well this thread made me blush.

It's up to the powers that be who gets made up to a mod, Tom is still technically a mod here.

Tonypa does an excellent job, but if he was getting swamped or the board started creaking under a ton of poor posts or flames then it's up to FK to ask someone else to do the mod thing too.
    Perhaps let's save this talk until there comes a point that a replacement for Tom is needed ?

Thanks for thinking of me though

Squize.

Maybe, this thread should be called 'next logical additional mod choice for the FK games forum' then...

I say Squize any other takers??

RipX

God No!! He's being all nice now...but that's just what he wants us to think...he'll go crazy with power and rule with an iron fist as soon as he gets elected.

ChrisError x

Student

If I had to nominate people, it would probably be the following three: Squize, mr_malee, and Ray Beez. Only because I like their avatars obviously.
    mmm signature

Usually mods keep their mod keys even if they don´t get to be around that often anymore, but yeah, the forum crew would surely put another mod in place if urgent need comes up for another one.
    Since tonypa is mainly busy with the daily biz here he´d be the best to ask, personally i feel like render and think the regulars are doing pretty nice in helping out newbies or calming down people
    And yeah,have you ever seen Squize´s iron glove?
    Seriously speaking though when its about nominating another mod i´d probably go for one of the longtimers, too

Usually mods keep their mod keys even if they don´t get to be around that often anymore, but yeah, the forum crew would surely put another mod in place if urgent need comes up for another one.
    Since tonypa is mainly busy with the daily biz here he´d be the best to ask, personally i feel like render and think the regulars are doing pretty nice in helping out newbies or calming down people
    And yeah,have you ever seen Squize´s iron glove?
    Seriously speaking though when its about nominating another mod i´d probably go for one of the longtimers, too
    Agreed. As you said, alot of people are mod-material but the reasons I said Squize and Ray beez was because they were here helping people out when I still didn't understand why anyone would possibly want to use an array
    And i'm not saying Tony can't handle it, but there is also the issue of timezones.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Random question involving mods, and no offense to him but who is Ed Mack. It says he's a mod of this forum, I've definitely had long breaks sometimes when visiting these forums but I've never seen, nor heard of him before.
    mmm signature

Ed Mack was very active, but that all stopped once I think real-life hit. With that said, don't forget that us supermods are always active. I definitely cant' add a darn thing to this area, but if any threads go out of hand, hit me up via PM.

I'm almost always here

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Ed Mack is a fine coder who was here in the very early days and when he was only around 14 years old. He made some stunning progress with tile engines along side a small group of members here who were looking at using tiles to create games. He went on to code an open source isometric engine which was fantastic at the time. I was a member here since about 2000, only I had a different handle but I remember all that like it was yesterday!

He now has some C++ 3d projects going on and has gone on to develop other stuff than flash, but I think he drops by every now and again! This forum was much more fun to me back then and people were usually more helpful and I usually found myself in some sort of drama with other members. lol

RipX

This reminds me of this thread: http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=643037 . I think Tonypa wasn't a mod back then. And btw, he does a great job If we had to choose for a new mod, I'd go for Malee and Squize.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Tom, my iron glove was our little secret, don't go spilling the beans now you're in with the unity crowd

Chris, I don't know what you mean mate ?
    Come the day of the revolution I'm so going to ban his ass. Just got to keep it nice, keep everyone on side, play along. No one will suspect a thing. Unless of course I write my true feelings down in a small font for some mental reason.

Squize.

yeah, i'm all for it.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    all awesome choices!
    Regards Mark Fennell - Flash Kit Founder, general loiterer
    -------------------------------
    I Hate Zombies - iPhone Game | markfennell.com

doItLikeThis
    I think Squize helps out alot and he is a very senior member.

I think he definatly is a very appropriate candidate for the post and will make a good asset for the community.

In short, Squize for mod, ftw
    -Aditya