A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Get Cell Phone Number flash file is playing on ?

Talking Get Cell Phone Number flash file is playing on ?

hi guys

does anyone know if it is possible with one of the flash lite versions to get the cell phone number that the flash swf is running on.
    i know other data for networks etc is possible
    and i know you can get the phone id but that is not the phone number.

any takers ?

thanks

As i am also into it, First make clear, do you want the cell number from the phone book or the cell number of the phone you are using the swf?
    lets talk about the phone book number which you stored in you phone. It is possible by taking help from other programming language like C++, Python, Java, etc into flash lite.
    For the phone number of the phone you are using is connected with a sim. The sim doesn't keep the information of the number, name of the user etc. there is only a number of the sim (which is the sim number), that number is connected with the service provider's (Vodafone) connectivity number and they pass a number whicsh you know as a phone number. So basically flash lite couldn't get it from the device and as i know flash couldn't access the sim. To get the phone number you will have to link up somehow with the service provider.
    I may be wrong, as because I'm still working in this type of flash lite area

Thank you

Flash Lite has no built-in means to obtain the user's phone number. You might be able to get this through a helper application on some platforms but this approach is platform specific and requires a 3rd party tool like Kunerilite for Nokia S60.

I am looking to get the sim number which is unique in every sim. What is your purpose to get the phone number?
    My purpose will solved even if i get the sim number. Do you have any Idea?

Your post is not related to the topic of this thread.

To start a new discussion topic please create a new thread instead of posting your question on the end of another topic.