A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems With Scenes (Help...Need Answer ASAP)

Problems With Scenes (Help...Need Answer ASAP)

Hi there, I am having a problem with Scenes in Flash and I am trying to determine if the problem is a software or settings issue or if it is just me.

Anyway I have made a Flash movie with 3 scenes, just called Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3.

It was my understanding in Flash that when you play the actual movie after Scene 1 is finished playing it will automatically go to Scene 2, correct? For my movie once Scene 1 finishes it loops and goes back to the beginning of Scene 1 again. Does anyone know why????

Also I am having the same issue with my buttons. I have a button that is suppose to make Scene 1 go to the first frame of Scene 2 but it will just go back to the first frame of Scene 1. Why???

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong or why Flash is doing this please let me know I am doing a project for a friend and need to get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from somebody soon

Jeff

1337Phantom-I

resolved Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by JRMoyer
    Hi there, I am having a problem with Scenes in Flash and I am trying to determine if the problem is a software or settings issue or if it is just me.

Anyway I have made a Flash movie with 3 scenes, just called Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3.

It was my understanding in Flash that when you play the actual movie after Scene 1 is finished playing it will automatically go to Scene 2, correct? For my movie once Scene 1 finishes it loops and goes back to the beginning of Scene 1 again. Does anyone know why????

Also I am having the same issue with my buttons. I have a button that is suppose to make Scene 1 go to the first frame of Scene 2 but it will just go back to the first frame of Scene 1. Why???

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong or why Flash is doing this please let me know I am doing a project for a friend and need to get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from somebody soon

Jeff

I'm not an expert with scenes, but I recommand that you don't use them they cause lots of problems. And on your case try using the "GotoAndPlay" command to got to the next scene.

i agree with 1337Phantom-I. on the last frame of Scene 1, put;
    PHP Code:
    nextScene(); 
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.