A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] Ran out of workspace

1337Phantom-I

Question [CS3] Ran out of workspace

I was making/or more like messing with a Mario type platform game. Well anyway I was creating the level going to the right side until I ran out of workspace... I'm sure there's a solution to this problem; I just don't get it... Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you for taking your time to read this post...

I started today (a couple hours ago), so I'm not quite sure what you mean… like the "editing" workspace (where you create your instance)? Doesn't it not matter if that is the case? Wouldn't you just put a script to make it have the scrolling effect?

1337Phantom-I

Question WorkSpace

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestribute
    I started today (a couple hours ago), so I'm not quite sure what you mean… like the "editing" workspace (where you create your instance)? Doesn't it not matter if that is the case? Wouldn't you just put a script to make it have the scrolling effect?
    By "Workspace" I mean the main thing in the .fla file... it appears to be limited once you reach a certain point; but I'm sure there's a way of expanding it...

1337Phantom-I

Post Bump...

bump...

can you explain what you mean by "limited once you reach a certain point"
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

1337Phantom-I
    For example I am making a platform game called "Mario;" I am making a long level and your journey will be through the right direction (like most games). Well ok I making the trees, obstacles, etc. to the right direction until I see an ending. That's what I mean by limited...

Platform games that are art based are very hard to do because they are usually very slow.

But, If you keep drawing passed the side panel it should keep extending the workspace, another possibility is to separate levels into smaller movieclips and when you scroll cycle through them.

yeah i was deff gonna say you may wanna consider using various movie clips... especially for gaming purposes... that way if there is a space limitation you can virtually extend it to infinity (and beyond) .

:-)