I am currently having some audio synchronization problems with Flash CS3, although I have noticed the same problem in Flash 8.

The problem has to do with getting the sound to stay in sync with the animation. We have been placing all of our audio on a dedicated layer in the main timeline, and setting it to "stream" sync mode. If the audio is all in one file that runs continuously throughout the cartoon (i.e., the cartoon is 4 minutes long and the single audio track is 4 minutes long), it is about half a second out of sync by the end of the movie.

However, when dealing with multiple audio files (for example, in a 4 minute cartoon each line of dialogue is its own individual audio file) the sound becomes enormously out of sync - sometimes an audio file will play 4 or 5 seconds before it is supposed to in the timeline.

Is there a way to fix these problems, and is there any more information on why they occur? The last one seems thee most outrageous tto me. 4 or 5 seconds out of sync, sometimes only 10 or 20 seconds into the movie, is quite a bit and not acceptable. I know that one solution has beeen to keep flash files to under 1000 frames in length, but for my job this is simply not possible.