dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The 2008 Olympics!

Quote Originally Posted by SpockBert
    Same goes for the boxing, its been a disgrace.
    Yeah, Paddy Barnes for Ireland didn't score a single point in his last round. Okay, he got beat fair and square but the judges were shocking in not awarding a single point especially as he hit his competitor (whose name escapes me but surprise surprise he is chinese) a few clear shots.

If only the judges were under the same scruntiny as the athletes eh?

The boxing... I wanted to bust through the damn television. Never been that frustrated with sheer ignorance like that. Was like watching Mike Tyson try to spell a complex word.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I don't really buy this point system for boxing. Scoring more "points" does not make you the superior fighter. I say get rid of the points, rounds, and judges and once the bell rings, it doesn't stop until someone gets knocked out.

Only if you pwn you opponent can you convince me you are a superior fighter.
    Flash Ninja Clan - Games and cartoons

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    I don't really buy this point system for boxing. Scoring more "points" does not make you the superior fighter. I say get rid of the points, rounds, and judges and once the bell rings, it doesn't stop until someone gets knocked out.
    -- They dont want people dead or severely injured in Boxing - thats why they even have to wear a Protective Headgear to avoid an injuries to the head.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

I'm fine with the protective gear, keep that. But boxing should be last man standing. Scoring more "points" does not make you a superior fighter.

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    boxing should be last man standing.
    For that you can watch Professional Boxing. Its an amateur sport in the Olympics....
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

They still have rounds, points, and refs in professional boxing. Most of the fights I've seen are determined by Judges and not by KO.

It should be -- I challenge YOU to mortal Kombat.

Unfortunately even in Ultimate fighting most bouts are determined by judges(although the % of bouts by knockout is higher than boxing).

Banned
    boxing is a game of quick reation against an action and if there will be no points than how can we compare two boxer only by kO system..???

Dude,

I removed the spammy links. They have no relevance to the thread.
    Here are the rules.

You can't have every fight going to KO. Some fights would never end (particulary if you have 2 defensive minded players) and the long term health of some fighters would be shot to pieces having to get KO'd every round instead of losing. In some cases the corner will throw in the towel before a KO is achieved.

Points over 8-12 rounds is good because it gives plenty of time for knockout punches. If they don't come by round 12 then they will probably never come and the fighters will KO themselves through exhaustion and not skill and guile.

Quote Originally Posted by tecktalk
    boxing is a game of quick reation against an action and if there will be no points than how can we compare two boxer only by kO system..???
    Easy, the one who doesn't get KO'ed wins. Its pretty simple.