A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Assistance with purchased Flash buttons

Smile [F8] Assistance with purchased Flash buttons

Well, it was a silly oversight on my part (par for the course for me) but my buttons now seem to be working. I was too impatient to let the website update. However, I would like to know about posting the code because I may have questions in the future. I just want to make sure I am following protocol. Sorry for the hasty post.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and am slightly familiar with Flash and AS. I purchased some buttons from FlashDen and - for the most part - they work great. I had to edit the code so that the buttons would link to the proper pages, using the getURL method. However, when I upload the pages (with the nav buttons) to my site I receive an HTML error page saying that I have used an "invalid method". I have emailed the developer for help and he said the problem lies in my HTML, yet then he referenced the getURL method. Originally, I used "POST" not knowing this would attempt to gather info but even after removing that the buttons still do not work.

My first question is this: Can I post the code written by this individual since I have purchased the file? I know that some scripts are considered "sacred" and I don't want to violate any rules of this message board. But the rules on FlashDen state that since I made the purchase, I am able to use the files as I please.

If this is allowable, I will post the code in its entirety so I may receive assistance with the problem. I'm looking forward to learning from whoever has a moment to address my concern.

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Ameryl; 08-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.

post em

Will do! Thanks!