A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] [AS2] When Enter Button is Pressed, Flash goes to next frame..how to stop this?

Flasher

[CS3] [AS2] When Enter Button is Pressed, Flash goes to next frame..how to stop this?

Hi. I'm making a Flash movie that, at one point, uses PHP to send emails. It is on it's own frame, so when users press the enter button while the email is being sent, it skips to the next frame and doesn't send the email. Any way to stop Flash Player from advancing the frame when the enter button is pressed without using JavaScript?

Thanks,
    Sportzguy933

I have one thought, though I am not certain it'll work.

Try adding some code that checks to see if the enter button is pressed, and if so, then go to the current frame. It may look something like this (forgive me, my syntax may not be correct...I'm used to C and other languages, and haven't fiddled around with Actionscript in a long time.)

if (Key.isDown(key_ENTER)) {
    GotoAndStop(current frame);
    }

this would happen only at authoring time. Please test the SWF individually, this wont happen. You can neglect this thing.
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Flasher
    Thanks vinayak and ultimate dash for the responses! I think vinayak is correct, it was only happening because I was testing the SWF.

Thanks,
    Sportzguy933