A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3]FLV playback problem on web

[CS3]FLV playback problem on web

My FLV plays when I test my SWF, but once uploaded to server, my webpage will not play it. When I was first converting my quicktime to FLV I chose “Progressive download from web server” option in Flash. Flash then informs me of the following:

”Before exporting/publishing your SWF, update the URL in the component inspector to refer to the FLV’s final location on web or flash media server.”

So, as I understand it, I need to point Flash to the location of the newly uploaded FLV, but I don’t know what or where that directory is. I did make sure to at least upload the FLV to the 1and1 server. Any help would be great!! Thanks

I used CuteFTP to upload to my 1and1 server. When connected to the server for upload via Cute, it tells me where the local files are: C:\Documents and Settings Blah blah.....

Next to that it says "remote" and that the files are at:

/u49675240/Movie.flv
    /u49675240/index.html
    /u49675240/My Page.swf
    /u49675240/AC_RunActiveContent.js

I figured this (/u49675240/Movie.flv) is the correct directory for the uploaded FLV of which the FLVPlayback component will search for once this dir is put into the parameters tab. I have also tried "Movie.flv" and that only works when testing my SWF, but not on the web. The FLVPlayback component just streams as though it is searching for the movie.